free antique ... not

woodchopper

Moderator
Moderator
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Well it all started out good, old guy had an antique pistol he was going to give me for free :D because it was not working properly. So I went to look at it, its an old pocket pistol, nickel finish and had no grips, so no big deal I can find grips.

Then I look at the caliber 32 S&W :mad: crap its a prohib :( when I told the old guy that he 'oh papers are around here somewhere'. He pulled out a shoebox full papers, both the new certs and old green ones.

not having 12(6) sucks :(
 
i wouldn't give it a second thought- while it may have been a 32,when was the last time you saw ammo for it?
 
Sorry boys, but 32 S&W short is usually at Wholesale Sports for $24 a box (new manufacture Remington) and others carry it too. The 32 S&W Long is slightly harder to find, but I bought a few boxes of new manufacture the other day, some nifty "self defense" loads.

Having a 12(6) is sure sweet...

Now if it was a .32 Colt, it could be converted to rimfire and antique if it was pre-1898. I'm working at a couple of those, we'll see how it works out.

Tell the old boy to join CGN and post the terrible little revolver for sale if he really wants to be rid of it. Or help him tear it down to parts and help him turn in the frame ... parts are of course still in demand.

I'm right there with you cheering for the abolition of 12(6).
 
If you have access to a lathe, convert it to the 22 Morris shell but make your own chambering reamer so that the neck portion of the chamber is a little larger than the original shells. The 22 Morris can be made from shortened and necked down 22 hornet shells and the only problem is that the casing is about .010" thick vs about .007" for the originals in the neck area. You would also have to make your own dies. If the barrel is under 105 mm just leave some extra full diameter barrel ahead of the original barrel when you sleeve it to .22

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom