Picked up a new Quad this year for Muzzleloader season

starpuss

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.6%
146   2   0
now my Question is IF i was to mount my gun on the Handle bars or Back Rack of my quad Would the Vibration of the machine Destroy my Powder pellets in the gun OR make the bullet Vibrate out a Small amount if i was to Ride and keep the power and bullet in the gun. )with out Cap... in the gun...(

In Manitoba to be Legal unloaded with a Muzzleloader all you need is the cap out. and my two stands this year are 5kms apart. and we all know how much Time it takes to "unload" a Muzzleloader

[youtube]HWQgh7R2ufU[/youtube]

[youtube]zMJzvY93tGw[/youtube]
 
I'd say give it a good test fire or two. Put the gun in the rack and crash over some trails for a while, then try shooting. I know nothing about muzzleloaders but know enough about quads to know that they are good at shaking the crap out of things.
 
We used to use quads all the time with blackpowder moose season with no noticable effects in accuracy. Mind you they were never tack drivers to begin with lol.
 
When you get to were you are going I would take my ramrod and make sure everything was firmly set down on the powder charge.As we all know airspace is bad with BP.A friend of mine bulged a barrel when a charge (as far as we could determine) had vibrated out a bit.The good thing is at least it didn't hand grenade.
 
When you get to were you are going I would take my ramrod and make sure everything was firmly set down on the powder charge.As we all know airspace is bad with BP.A friend of mine bulged a barrel when a charge (as far as we could determine) had vibrated out a bit.The good thing is at least it didn't hand grenade.

x2

I wouldn't have any fears about the powder deteriorating. It would take some unusual conditions for a prolonged period of time. And if the sabot is pressing tight against it, it shouldn't have much room to move. Your not talking about spending tens of hours on the quad before the rifle is fired. I'm picturing a couple of hours at the most. Some neoprene padding would help reduce vibration, as it could loosen some screws over time.
 
In Ontario as well, you are OK if it isn't primed. Even if the pellets do disintegrate and turn to powder, you would be OK (which I don't think should happen). However, when you get off the bike, check your bullet seating to make sure it's still firmly on your powder charge. Also, if it's caplock, there have been reports of priming compound getting on the nipple and causing the gun to go off if the hammer is struck. I have never seen or experienced this, nor have I ever hear of anyone having this occur, but if you are concerned, and hauling a caplock, you may want to put a piece of leather or rubber between the nipple and hammer.
 
Well I know this is a Old Post. But I did the Test last year for all that care.

Loaded Her up Drove 40 Km's (Marchand Manitoba To Richer Manitoba)

Then Rolled The Quad Down a Hill (Yup It Sucked)

Broke my Gun Boot And Mount.

Pulled All the Crap Out of my gun And Grass & Mud ,

Gun Still Shot 2" at 100 Yards LOL!

Quad Worked Real nice Last year. And Did what i wanted it to do.
 
Back
Top Bottom