Uberti 'Lightning' .45 Colt

Sharps '63

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Not sure if this is the right column for this inquiry ....

I've got a Uberti .45 Colt Lightning on the way. The last owner assures me that it feeds reliably with 250 gr bullets loaded to the correct OAL.

The ''experts'' are all telling me the Pedersoli is a better gun. Who's had 'been there - done that' experience with either/both?

I net forums are full of comments one way or the other, but I wouldn't take any of it to the bank.
 
Not sure if this is the right column for this inquiry ....

I've got a Uberti .45 Colt Lightning on the way. The last owner assures me that it feeds reliably with 250 gr bullets loaded to the correct OAL.

The ''experts'' are all telling me the Pedersoli is a better gun. Who's had 'been there - done that' experience with either/both?

I net forums are full of comments one way or the other, but I wouldn't take any of it to the bank.

This is a classic case of you might want to ask the question first...then buy.
I had a Uberti in .45 Colt....and it was a 'jam-a-matic'.
F**ked around with trialing different OAL...even different bullet profiles...eventually gave up, took it back, and the dealer gave me full credit on the return.
It seems this was a common experience, and the word is that the Pedersoli seem to more reliable in terms of functioning....

Sorry....but you did ask.
 
Foxbat

"Don't apologize; it's a sign of weakness." John Wayne

Yes, I did ask, and I appreciate the feed back. That's why I asked the question.
I'll have to take the seller at his word and I'll let you know the results.

Todd
 
Back
Top Bottom