Cannon Wheels?

Talk to farmers I gave some metal spoked old implement wheels to a friend for the same purpose
 
Navy - Where you at?.....I've got a couple sets......30" I believe.

DSCF1589.jpg
[/IMG]


Ain't pulled 'em out of the bush yet.....
 
Dude,

Those look great, but are a bit too far for the shipping to be worthwhile!!!

I'm in Nova Scotia. I do appreciate the offer though!

I'm leaning towards the set from Lee Valley:

03k6701-dsp3.jpg
 
Depending on the exact look you are after, you may be best off making a set.

brasswithclass.net has a set of 30" wheels available, if you don't mind spending a few bucks.

Pretty sure there are a couple Amish wheelwrights, on the US side of the line, that could set you up, too.

If you are interested, I can scan a magazine article I have handy, relating to the building of a spoked wood wheel.

If you are looking at the Lee Valley wheels, then I'd figure scale accuracy isn't high on the list. Got a motorcycle wrecker (sorry, "recycler"!) around? A matching pair of either spoked or mag front wheels might suit your fancy. You should be able to use wheels that won't be fit for use on the road, so maybe you can talk yourself a deal there.

Coupla ideas, anyway.

Cheers
Trev
 
If your looking for wheels for a "field carriage" not a naval one I figure a set of wheels off a model T or the likes would work well.
 
I checked with Wagon-wheels.com, but they want almost the price of the wheels to ship to me!!!

I'd almost rather buy from Brass with class...and keep the money in Canada.

NS
 
Back
Top Bottom