Hornady Steel Match hollow Point .223

blasted_saber

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
So i picked up a box of this stuff the other day and im pretty impressed. It shoots cloverleaf groups at 100 meters out of my gun and the price is right ($22/fifty rounds).

Good buy, IMO, for a target/varmint bullet.

EDIT- More info, as per request - I got my box from Al Simmons in Hamilton, but I also saw it at Bass Pro for a similar price. Its 55gr HP, although according to Hornady it also comes in FMJ and BTHP.
 
Last edited:
So i picked up a box of this stuff the other day and im pretty impressed. It shoots cloverleaf groups at 100 meters out of my gun and the price is right ($22/fifty rounds).

Good buy, IMO, for a target/varmint bullet.

EDIT- More info, as per request - I got my box from Al Simmons in Hamilton, but I also saw it at Bass Pro for a similar price. Its 55gr HP, although according to Hornady it also comes in FMJ and BTHP.

Thanks for the update, I believe it also comes in 75gr, which would be great for that price.
 
I just picked up a box of the 75GR BTHP Steel Match at Bass Pro.

50 rounds for $28.99. .58 cents each.

The remington UMC is $11.99/20 . 60 cents each.

The Hornady is a better deal, who cares you can;t reload it.

the 308 is 155GR BTHP and is $54.99 for 50 rounds.
 
That is not a bad price for the 75 grainers. They would actually be good for shooting other things than just paper. Hope I find some in my neck of the woods.
 
It is hard to say the quantity before we have an idea as to what you can offer it for. Usually 250, 500 and 1000 round lots are the norm around here. What would be the price for those accordingly?
 
Just bought 6 boxes of 50 at a gun show today. 23.99 per 50. It's a great deal as I don't keep the brass anyways. I bought the same 55gr Hornady match load in brass and it was 20.99 for 20. won't be buying that anymore. The 75gr was 25.99 for 50 and the .308 was 50.99 for 50
 
Hornady 55gr Steel Case HP $430.00/1000 + tax + shipping
Hornady 75gr Steel Case BTHP $495.00/1000 + tax & shipping

I can sharpen my pencil on larger quantities.
Regards, Henry
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom