Remington Core Lokt - JUNK!

Add another to the Corelokt fan list here. I won't shoot any other factory ammo in my .30-06. I've tried dozens, not can hold a candle to the groups I get with the corelokts.

I agree with those that say they just don't fit your rifle well.

Add me to the list too. I've been shooting them from my Rem 760 .30-06 with no problems for years.
 
Of course it couldn't be that $2000 Tikka's fault it has to be Remingtons problem. I see this as a 50/50 kinda deal.
 
When I bought my Sako I bought 4 diff brands of ammo(all 168gr) from cheap to premium and at the end of the day the remington preimier core lokt ultra was givin me .5 MOA at 100yards better than any of the other brands, unfortunatly I don't think remington is making it in 168gr anymore cause the ammo store I bought it from was having a clearance sale on it so I went and bought all they had left...It's amazing the differnce ammo can make.
 
Hmmmm....So let me see if I understand here. You guys are saying every different rifle likes different ammunition. Hmmmm...., if a few more guys agree, there might be some truth to this.......;)
 
When i bought my Icon P.H. 243 the test target supplied by TC for that rifle was 3 shots of Corelocks 100 gr in .75 inchs, somewere they can shoot good... Cheers. JP.
 
Add me to the Core-lokt group. They shoot well out of my .270. Its not the only ammo I shoot but I have had no problem hitting a Coke can at 200+ yards. You could hypothetically go buy $75 Norma ammo and not get great accuracy if your rifle does not handle it well.
 
I was very very happy with the Remington UMC 174Gr hardball in my P14 grouping at about 1.5 inches, Had I shot the Remington 180gr core lokt first I would hve been very disappointing with the rifle because it shot a 6 inch group.
 
I just had a terrible experience with Core-lokt

.270win, 130gr, Whitetail deer at 200 yds.... exploded inside! destroyed near half of the meat.

and to top it off, my buddy was shooting a 6.5x55 using Century 140gr.... one bullet broke the skin and EXPLODED on a rib, not even breaking it... just a small hole in the hide, and some subcutaneous bruising.
 
I can't believe it.....well actually it doesn't surprise me. I recently picked up a new 25-06 Sako. When I bought it the dealer threw in 2 boxes of the cheapest ammo he had. PPU made in Serbia. I sighted in with it and was moderately surprised that the cheap stuff grouped so well. I wanted some better ammo so I picked up a couple boxes of Remington Core Lokt (it has worked well in the past) and was shocked by how much the group opened up (over 5"). Complete garbage. Things sure have changed at Remington. I'm going to blast them off at the steel gong and reload the brass, but what a disappointment!

You should be happy that your gun shoots well with the cheaper ammo lol
 
Add another to the Corelokt fan list here. I won't shoot any other factory ammo in my .30-06. I've tried dozens, not can hold a candle to the groups I get with the corelokts. I agree with those that say they just don't fit your rifle well.

+1. Agreed.
 
I just had a terrible experience with Core-lokt

.270win, 130gr, Whitetail deer at 200 yds.... exploded inside! destroyed near half of the meat.

and to top it off, my buddy was shooting a 6.5x55 using Century 140gr.... one bullet broke the skin and EXPLODED on a rib, not even breaking it... just a small hole in the hide, and some subcutaneous bruising.

there was a write up a while back, they went to a thinner jacket to increase production, lower costs. the thinner jacket caused faster expansion, because the round noses were lower production it didn't justify the tooling change.
 
Back
Top Bottom