While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Need help ,Ended up with a Chiappa Mares leg in 45 Colt.Its the take down model.The mag tube comes out but the barrel wont turn off.Any suggestions?Dave
Not familiar with that gun but I've found most takedowns to be a bit fiddly.
Some needing a careful touch to get things lined up just so and others needing a bit more force applied in the right way. Trying to figure out just which can be a bit of a trick.
Have you found all the lock devices? Is it new and stiff and possibly a bit rough in the machining of the mating surfaces?
I have a takedown mare's leg in .44 rem. Have not tried to take it apart, but had it out
for a deer hunt and it jammed up trying to cycle the rounds out of it. Not good. Would not through the round clear either. Work in progress.
Did you open the action? check the follower in the mag tube?
That's what popped into my head.... I'm guessing instructions were not part of the package.
Looking at this picture I'd guess the follower shouldn't be a problem as it looks like it moves forward when the lever is disengaged on the mag tube...I'd imagine the action needs to be open for the extractor to clear the recess in the barrel and other then that it probably just needs a bit of force to break the bond!
Can you tell which way it twists off?