NEW 50 Cal 300gr InterLock FPB

Just blasted off the last of my stupid powerbelts... and was looking at these on the hornady website. I was gonna go to the store tonight and pick some up to try with my impact. Has anyone tried these before?
 
I put a picture window view through a spike buck with one of the 350gr.'ers. Seem to shoot well out of my TC pro hunter. 100grs. loose 777. I wish they would make some in 54cal. and 58cal.

Russ...
 
The 300 gr jacketed HB full bore .50 bullets

I shoot a Tc Encore useing TC 250gr shockwaves.. 110 gr 777 and have phenomenal performance , having taken some good bucks, over the last few years.. good terminal performance.... MOA and sub MOA @ 100 meters consistantly.. Tried the new Hornaday full .50 call 300 grainers. Shot two groups @ 100 meters...one with 110 g 777..terrible group.. another @ 100 gr
results were only slightly less horrific. back to my standard load, as described above and was right back in the money. all were 3 shot groups spit wiped and dry wiped after each shot.. I do have some of these proj left and will try in the spring .. one with 120 777 and one with 90 777 I hope to post a better result.
 
I like muskets:::
i shoot a tc encore useing tc 250gr shockwaves.. 110 gr 777 and have phenomenal performance , having taken some good bucks, over the last few years.. Good terminal performance.... Moa and sub moa @ 100 meters consistantly.. Tried the new hornaday full .50 call 300 grainers. Shot two groups @ 100 meters...one with 110 g 777..terrible group.. Another @ 100 gr
results were only slightly less horrific. Back to my standard load, as described above and was right back in the money. All were 3 shot groups spit wiped and dry wiped after each shot.. I do have some of these proj left and will try in the spring .. One with 120 777 and one with 90 777 i hope to post a better result.
 
I shot 2 does with the 250g Traditions smackdown SST's and the plastic tip came off just under the hide as the bullet entered the deer. The exit hole was the same size as the entry. One doe was about 50 yards, the other about 30. I will be switching to a pure lead bullet in a sabot for next year. I had much better wound damage and more drop to the shot using my .54 Lyman Trade rifle and round balls. My eyes just don't work too well with open sights anymore.
 
This fall I used my encore with pet load 250 shoclwave over 110 gr 777 9 GOES THRU THE CHRONY @ 2050 (AVERAGE) I took a nice 5 by 5 ( early evening, as I sat just inside the woods overlooking a cut pasture. Ranged him at 164 meters. He dropped at the shot. spined.. The doe I got the next day was @ about 200 meters and again dropped like a rock.. spined over the shoulders...Previously ever deer I shot ran 50 to 150 yards.. all boiler room hits. I just bought a used Renegade in .54 and hope to hunt round ball next fall.. I am really excited as when I started this thing 30 years ago with a Kentucky repro in .45....If I caNT GET THE ROUND BALL WORKING I'll us the 430 gr Maxi as they have worked wondefully for me in years past.. I like to settle in with 90 gr ffg.. regardless of projectile.. I HATES BIG RECOIL. The new Hornaday 350 gr full dia .50 did not work for me from the encore.
 
Snowshoe, I tried the PR Bullet sabots a couple years back. Myself & fellow CGN "Hakx" went 50/50 on a big batch of the Extrem Elite HP ( http://ww w.prbullet.com/ee.htm ) 260gr sabots and neither shot well from his Knight or my Encore. I took the rest (9 packs of 12) and melted them down and made .54 cal round balls out of them.
I've been getting best accuracy with the 250gr Hdy SST and/or 250gr TC Shockwave and a charge of 120grs loose T7 from my 28" bbl TC Endevour. I can put 3 in an inch or less @100yds. I never tried the Hdy FPB since I originally posted this thread, I just been getting good results with the SST's. Not broke, Y fix?
 
This thread is an excellent advertisement for your local caster. 2-3 x the bullets and they do what they are suppose to do no mystery.
 
Back
Top Bottom