Shipping ammo...how are your's shipped?

canadaman30

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've recently sold some ammo, my question is can I send it CanadaPost or will it not reach it's destination. What service are you's using. Obviously I know not to tell anyone what is in my parcel. I just want to make sure it doesn't get turned around. Thanks
 
I've recently sold some ammo, my question is can I send it CanadaPost or will it not reach it's destination. What service are you's using. Obviously I know not to tell anyone what is in my parcel. I just want to make sure it doesn't get turned around. Thanks

I hope you are joking. I wonder what fine they will put on you if caught maybe a few

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/tdg/ticketing-menu-205.htm
 
"Canadapost ships ammo... They just dont know it... Never had a problem..." this promotes illegal behaviour and is contrary to CGN rules, aslo bad for shooters!

It can be legally sent by most couriers as "consumer goods" as per TC DG regs.

Regards,

Peter.
 
Wasn't looking for a smart a$$ comment A-hole. That's why I was on here to ask how others ship. The only joke here is you mac-nobody

Sending ammo through the mail is a risk and could lead to Canada post ceasing to ship firearms in the long run.

Name calling isnt likely to get you the responses you are looking for.

Only time I have ever received ammo it was by Canpar.
 
"Canadapost ships ammo... They just dont know it... Never had a problem..." this promotes illegal behaviour and is contrary to CGN rules, aslo bad for shooters!

It can be legally sent by most couriers as "consumer goods" as per TC DG regs.

Regards,

Peter.

Ok I have been watching these threads for a bit now about shipping ammo. Yes it is a "consumer goods “under TC DG reg’s FOR ROAD ONLY!!! As soon as ammo goes in the air it is classed as a dangerous good, and needs to be declared. Yes you are allowed up to 5 kg of ammo in your CHECKED luggage and ONLY if it is declared. Try and send it through without declaring it. EVERY bag that goes on a plane is X-RAYED now. Just a heads up from someone that ship’s on the airlines for a living.
 
again canpar is the only one that i know of that will take a one off shipment.UPS will take dangerous good if is pre-approved which is a bunch of forms and a regular shipping account.and like others hhave said it must be by ground
 
Last edited:
Wasn't looking for a smart a$$ comment A-hole. That's why I was on here to ask how others ship. The only joke here is you mac-nobody

Read your post and then ask who is the ass.Only an idiot would even put forth such a question on this forum or worse be a member here since 2008 and not know the answer already. Sorry but I missed the joke part in your original post or where you indicated you were not serious about sending ammo canada post. Best re-read what you write before attacking me.

You quoted:
I've recently sold some ammo, my question is can I send it CanadaPost or will it not reach it's destination. What service are you's using. Obviously I know not to tell anyone what is in my parcel. I just want to make sure it doesn't get turned around. Thanks
 
Read your post and then ask who is the ass.Only an idiot would even put forth such a question on this forum or worse be a member here since 2008 and not know the answer already. Sorry but I missed the joke part in your original post or where you indicated you were not serious. Best re-read what you write before attacking.

You quoted:
I've recently sold some ammo, my question is can I send it CanadaPost or will it not reach it's destination. What service are you's using. Obviously I know not to tell anyone what is in my parcel. I just want to make sure it doesn't get turned around. Thanks

Exactly what he said...
Some people would have been screaming for the the mods to ban the guy talking about the act of shipping via CP.
But, nope it goes downhill from there to name calling and Holier than Thou attitude.
The only Company that will ship ammo from a "Private Citizen" is CanPar, but all those that say otherwise are wrong.
This I know from shipping ammo myself and having called the mentioned companies including FedEx, DHL, UPS, CP and some others, talking to the correct people in customer service.
But, those who say otherwise,that is fine I know from my own experience....
Tight Groups All,
Rob
 
Exactly what he said...
Some people would have been screaming for the the mods to ban the guy talking about the act of shipping via CP.
But, nope it goes downhill from there to name calling and Holier than Thou attitude.
The only Company that will ship ammo from a "Private Citizen" is CanPar, but all those that say otherwise are wrong.
This I know from shipping ammo myself and having called the mentioned companies including FedEx, DHL, UPS, CP and some others, talking to the correct people in customer service.
But, those who say otherwise,that is fine I know from my own experience....
Tight Groups All,
Rob

Good info to know thanks for the tidbit.
 
Back
Top Bottom