(I figured this section was probably the most relevant and best to find interest)
Morning everyone, Ive been wanting to get into reenactment for a while now. Once i'm done with school out here and return to Nanaimo in the summer, I would really like to start a civil war reenactment group.
I would rather do war of 1812 or Napoleanic, but that era is far more cost prohibitive uniform wise.
It looks like it would be around 1000 to get all your gear, uniform, and musket for the group. Not too much for a whole set up I think. Depending on the musket and how much extras you buy for the kit.
Also I have a cannon that can be used with the group as well.
We would need people to enlist for both sides or we would be marching fighting imaginary enemies
This is probably the cheapest website to buy your gear and uniform from by far.
http://www.crescentcitysutler.com/
For the muskets you can try loyalist arms or marstar to name a couple. Or the EE !
So if you are interested I'd love to get some input and see how much interest we can garner in this venture!
Cheers, McLean
P.S. here is a couple pics of me just goofing around, Also some before and after shots of the cannon. The bore size is lemon...

Morning everyone, Ive been wanting to get into reenactment for a while now. Once i'm done with school out here and return to Nanaimo in the summer, I would really like to start a civil war reenactment group.
I would rather do war of 1812 or Napoleanic, but that era is far more cost prohibitive uniform wise.
It looks like it would be around 1000 to get all your gear, uniform, and musket for the group. Not too much for a whole set up I think. Depending on the musket and how much extras you buy for the kit.
Also I have a cannon that can be used with the group as well.
We would need people to enlist for both sides or we would be marching fighting imaginary enemies
This is probably the cheapest website to buy your gear and uniform from by far.
http://www.crescentcitysutler.com/
For the muskets you can try loyalist arms or marstar to name a couple. Or the EE !
So if you are interested I'd love to get some input and see how much interest we can garner in this venture!
Cheers, McLean
P.S. here is a couple pics of me just goofing around, Also some before and after shots of the cannon. The bore size is lemon...



















































