I Want a Cannon.

Long Range Canuck

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'm looking for some help in the regulations around buying black powder cannons in Canada, and most of all where to get one.

I don't know a thing about them, so any tips from those of you that have them and can educate a newb on what to look for to get the best bang for the buck would be appreciated.
 
Hey LRC....Several in your area.....all homemade....Theres a couple members of our cannon group live right in Athabasca....I'll try and track down phone numbers for ya.....can have a look.
 
Here are a few pics and a video of me and my cannon, Makes me want a full scale one though !

photo-64.jpg

photo-58.jpg

photo-57.jpg

 
Haha as far as I know it sure is! Its really an ingenious little mechanism, uses standards percussion caps and avoids all the time involved and supply issues associated with cannon fuse.
You just unscrew the whole plug out, Fill with desired amount of powder, Load the barrel with the correct diameter lime, Then put a cap on, screw the cover over and BOOM!

It will send a lime a couple hundred yard atleast and go splat!

The barrel is made out of two pipes sleeved and welded together, The shape was made with bondo. It sat outside for 20 years by the time I got it. Spent a few days stripping it down and sanding all the wood and metal. Then I glued the cracks and replaced some screws. Painted her up and there you have it. Its a great toy to bring camping.

Cheers, McLean
 
Haha as far as I know it sure is! Its really an ingenious little mechanism, uses standards percussion caps and avoids all the time involved and supply issues associated with cannon fuse.
You just unscrew the whole plug out, Fill with desired amount of powder, Load the barrel with the correct diameter lime, Then put a cap on, screw the cover over and BOOM!

It will send a lime a couple hundred yard atleast and go splat!

The barrel is made out of two pipes sleeved and welded together, The shape was made with bondo. It sat outside for 20 years by the time I got it. Spent a few days stripping it down and sanding all the wood and metal. Then I glued the cracks and replaced some screws. Painted her up and there you have it. Its a great toy to bring camping.

Cheers, McLean
Somewhere, a roughneck took the fall for that missing drift lol.
Seriously, what an ingenious idea that is. Looks like lots of fun!
 
Back
Top Bottom