Any info on this rifle would be greatly appreciated.

ENIGMATIC1

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Southern MB
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has any information regarding this rifle. Value, caliber, ammo availability, anything interesting about it.

IMAG0409.jpg


IMAG0406.jpg


Sorry that the second picture is blurry. The text in the first picture is this:
"Marlin Firearms Co. New-Haven, CT, U.S.A."
"Pat'd Aug.12.1890, Mar.1.'92, June 8 '97, Nov. 29.1904."

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure thats a Marlin model 20, probably shoots 22 short, long and long rifle but I'm no Marlin expert.

Does it not have the model engraved on the top tang?
 
It is a Marlin model 27, manufactured from 1910 to 1916. Chambered in the .25 rim fire and the .25-20 and .32-20 center fire. It could also be a 27S (1910-1932) which will have a sliding button on the right side of the reciever.(can not see it in the picture)

Value in the condition that I can see in the photos is about $175.00, if it operates and has a good bore.
 
I'm pretty sure thats a Marlin model 20, probably shoots 22 short, long and long rifle but I'm no Marlin expert.

Does it not have the model engraved on the top tang?

It looks like a Marlin Model 27 Pump Action to me. Made in .22 Rimfire and .25 Rimfire calibres.

Also made them in 25-20 and 32-20 I believe.

It is a Marlin model 27, manufactured from 1910 to 1916. Chambered in the .25 rim fire and the .25-20 and .32-20 center fire. It could also be a 27S (1910-1932) which will have a sliding button on the right side of the reciever.(can not see it in the picture)

Value in the condition that I can see in the photos is about $175.00, if it operates and has a good bore.

Thank you all for the info!

Would be good if it was chambered in the .22LR, if its chambered in one of those other cartridges I'm thinking its going to collect dust.

I will find out if there is any more writing hiding on it.

I did some googling, found this book:

http://books.google.ca/books?id=a9XL74ykUykC&lpg=PA436&ots=jE33Ir0eiG&dq=MARLIN%20%2327&pg=PA436#v=onepage&q&f=false

Is the stock on this rifle considered a pistol grip or a straight...? The article says the 27 has a pistol grip stock, and that the 20 has a straight stock, but from googles images they both look the same, and a pistol grip to me means its curved and shaped like a revolver handle...

Thanks again!
 
Back
Top Bottom