Need help ID'ing old .22 ammo

Zerex

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Location
Victoria, BC
So I ended up getting a unlabeled box with atleast 500 rounds of old .22 LR. The ammo must be atleast 30 years old (maybe much older) and I wanted to see if anyone could ID it. I'm also interested on thoughts whether I should shoot it or if its collectible.

Here's a couple of pics

ammo.jpg


ammo2.jpg


Any help would be appreciated
 
Grew up shooting cases of that stuff. Likely Canuck standard velocity. HV stuff was called "Imperial". Had only one cannelure around the casing and came in a gold box I believe. Thanks for the memories!
 
Any idea how old this stuff might be?

1960's and 70's. Do you have the original Box? Should be a yellow plastic tray with maroon flat that holds the rounds in place. The earlier rendition of this was a small paper box where the rounds were staggered and packed tightly into a paper flat.
 
1960's and 70's. Do you have the original Box? Should be a yellow plastic tray with maroon flat that holds the rounds in place. The earlier rendition of this was a small paper box where the rounds were staggered and packed tightly into a paper flat.

Unfortunately I don't have the original box:(
Thanks for all the help, I'll take some out in the next week and shoot it:)
 
Dominion for sure. Fired loads of them as an army cadet in the late 70's, out the old No.7 Lee Enfields, and the C1 with the .22 conversion kit in the reserves later on.
 
Back
Top Bottom