An 'expert' (defined as someone who knows all there is to know about less and less until he knows everything there is to know about absolutely nothing) on another forum has assured me that I am destroying the barrel on my 50-70 Shiloh Sharps by using bullets cast from wheel weights.
Huh? Wheel weight metal is harder than barrel steel? This same guy admits to shooting jacketed HPs from his Shiloh 45-70 with smokeless powder ......
I get all the accuracy I need shooting these with 5744 and even a duplex BP load. For 100% BP, I use my own alloy mix.
Opinions, comments ...... ???
Huh? Wheel weight metal is harder than barrel steel? This same guy admits to shooting jacketed HPs from his Shiloh 45-70 with smokeless powder ......
I get all the accuracy I need shooting these with 5744 and even a duplex BP load. For 100% BP, I use my own alloy mix.
Opinions, comments ...... ???



















































