Navy Arms Revolver

maliboy67

Regular
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I have a Navy Arms revolver made in 1966. I believe these where made by Uberti. It is a reproduction of a Griswold & Gunnison with a brass frame. I would like to replace the nipples and can't seem to find any reference as to what size they are. I will probably have to order them online so if anyone has experience with these revolvers and knows the nipple size or type I need, it would be greatly appreciated.
 
You could pull a nipple and measure it.
But 6mm is a really common size for Italian caplock revolvers.
Dixie, Track of the Wolf.
 
If it is a Uberti it probably will take a 12-28, other makes are likely metric 6-.75mm being the normal size.
It is best to check the size with a pitch guage before ordering.
+1 for Dixie as they stock a lot of parts for out of production reproductions,they can also help identify your gun.
 
I checked today and the threads are M6x.75, so the next question would be are all the revolver nipples with that thread size the same?
 
I checked today and the threads are M6x.75, so the next question would be are all the revolver nipples with that thread size the same?

important that you get revolver nipples as opposed to any nipples of that thread size. Revolvers use short nipples and if they are too long, the caps won't clear the frame behind the cylinder

cheers mooncoon
 
I found revolver nipples at my local gun shop. They fit fine but I'll have to get some #11 caps. The nipples that came on the revolver are a good fit with #10. I tried the #10 on the new nipples and they don't go all the way down on the nipple and the caps rub on the frame. The old nipples measure .154 diameter and the new ones are .163 diameter and are for Uberti colt reproductions and are recommended for #11 caps. I didn't realize there was that much difference in cap size.
 
Back
Top Bottom