38 Special & 357mag.

colt45gunner

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
Location
Toronto
anyone can suggest where to find reloaded 38 special and 357 mag. ?
SFRC is sold out and not sure when they'll get more...
factory is just to pricy..especially 357
 
This is why I reload, even the 38 special. Not really for the savings, which are there, but not huge for a cartridge like the 38. But for the availability; so I don't have to try and chase down affordable ammo, and having to settle for whatever load is available, or maintain huge stockpiles, never knowing when, where (or whether) that particular ammo may be found again.

Invest in a decent progressive press, and within the first few thousand rounds - less with more expensive loads like full-house 357's - and you'll be in the green, and with a steady supply of all the ammo you could want, of whatever particular load that your gun shoots well.
 
reloads.... otherwise, even though will only shoot this gun once in a while, I'll do even less than that if the ammo is too costly..
 
Go on the 'Main Menu'

See the following subheading (it is just above the Equipment Exchange):
Business and Industry Members Forums

In that section, look under Reloading Supplies

You will find them.
They are close to Vancouver
 
I've noticed that 38/357 isn't that easy to find, once I bought my 686... Lucky I don't shoot that much. I have some reloaded 38spc I bought from SFRC, but I don't like them. Bare lead, so they are dirty and smokey.

When companies/stores get them in stock, you have to be quick. Went to a range in Detroit a couple years back, you should have seen their selection... anything you want at much lower prices. Welcome to Canada.
 
We have more coming in a week. If you don't like the lead, try the TMJ....I sell lots of it.

Ryan

I've noticed that 38/357 isn't that easy to find, once I bought my 686... Lucky I don't shoot that much. I have some reloaded 38spc I bought from SFRC, but I don't like them. Bare lead, so they are dirty and smokey.

When companies/stores get them in stock, you have to be quick. Went to a range in Detroit a couple years back, you should have seen their selection... anything you want at much lower prices. Welcome to Canada.
 
Frank in Guelph has reloads for sale. Call him at 519 824-5040

Thanks, thats the reply was waiting for. I've met this Frank before, but didn't have his contact info... My usual reloader (another frank) is out and not sure when they'll be in.
So, I called and he's going out to check if any in stock and i'll check back with him in a bit. I'm going to waterloo tomorrow, so hopefully he has atleast few boxes for me to grab on way. Only need few... will not be shooting it regularly..

And he doesn't load 357 to keep in stock but can, if you drop off brass...
I'll also try few boxes from SFRC when in stock.. will like to grab some cowboy action rnds, mostly for guest shooters... I have lots of people asking me to come out and try shooting lately....that's one of the motivating reasons I've ordered a new Pietta SA in 357....
 
Back
Top Bottom