Where do you get 8 mm ammo for the french 1892s

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
I wouldnt mind shooting my 1892 if it dont sell so where can i pick up a box of fiochhi ammo for it or is everyone reloading shortened 32 20 cases theses days ?
 
I have been shortening 32-20 cases its fun to shoot but it aint no Colt

Thanks Dez ya the ammo aint that hard to make i guess what do you do for bullets now?
there sure nice guns. well made like all french pre 1898 revolvers.
 
I bought a bunch of those fmj's that are really heavy copper plated lead .I got them from Gads custom cartridges there alot better than his cast LOL . But He will no longer ship to Canada I also have a mold so when they run out I can cast or sell it.
 
I just sold some copper plated in the EE forum, I might have some more coming @ $95/250 shipped. These are just projectiles....
 
Last edited:
Mystic Precision got lyman dies for me a couple months back, about $90 plus shipping IIRC. I use shortened 32-20 brass - the lyman dies work good resizing 32-20 but stay away from remington 32-20 brass - myself and others haver had a miserable time with it, 25% of the remington 32-20 brass split when reforming to 8mm. Winchester brass worked 100%.

I have some self-cast .330" 110 gr bullets, PM if you need some. They are cast soft and perfect for antique barrels.
 
sure they work for making noise and not all that accurate plinking. The fellow I bought my gun from shot them often and when he sold me the gun he gave me a handful. I would have to double check but I think he used 3.2 grains of unique but start low and work your way up check the bore after EVERY shot making sure the lead came out.


Would "00 buckshot" work ;) , for casual plinking ?....:redface:
 
i reload them without the dies. sort of improvise with lee press. Working well so far.my brass is fiochchi bullets from another cgn of EE.jethunter i believe
look at my thread for ideas.gun is fun to shoot. i use trailboss powder. 2.5 to 2.8 gn under 115gn rnfp.
 
A Classic Lee Loader for .30 Carbine will do the job.....:yingyang:

I wish I had thought of that - good work! :) Would be an excellent way for a non-reloader to get into antiques. Also the .45acp Lee Loader tool works for reloading .455 webley, and the .44 special Lee Loader works for .44 russian.
 
I wish I had thought of that - good work! :) Would be an excellent way for a non-reloader to get into antiques. Also the .45acp Lee Loader tool works for reloading .455 webley, and the .44 special Lee Loader works for .44 russian.

I just bought the Lee Loader for .44 Special/.44 Magnum exactly for the purpose of reloading .44 Russian.....:redface:...now all that's left to do is find an inexpensive S&W # 3 !......;)
 
Back
Top Bottom