Colt Bisley Anyone ! (Pics)

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
Well my Colt Bisley is here.
This puppy is in 44 Sp
Very nice guns its my frist bisley.
Smokeless frame made in 1897
Ser # in the 173000s
All numbers matching orignal grips has same number under trigger gard as on loading gate even.
I am really likeing the grip better than a SAA colt with my big hands.
The Bisleys are called 1894 models and are hard to find pre 1898 ones.
there made with the better steel than the other earlier SAA Colts.
Sure feels nice in the hand,
I was reading they won most of the matchs at bisley target club in england in the late 1800s. i can see why, aiming this is easy.

P1010030_39.jpg


P1010034_36.jpg


P1010027_41.jpg
 
Very nice..looks like it was well taken care of no dings and very smooth.
That gun and any others that you might have would make a nice contribution to a picture thread that I started a few days ago. I am waiting on an antique right now which I bought off the EE around 1865 ish.
 
Really nice Dingus, I love the Bisley Colts. I still got the 7 inch .455 flattop target model Bisley on my mind that I handled a year ago. Although the Bisleys imho don't look as asthetically pleasing as the Army model SAA they definitely feel like better shooters once they are in your hands.
 
Really nice Dingus, I love the Bisley Colts. I still got the 7 inch .455 flattop target model Bisley on my mind that I handled a year ago. Although the Bisleys imho don't look as asthetically pleasing as the Army model SAA they definitely feel like better shooters once they are in your hands.

I have another one now i keep telling myself to hang onto it to, i sold this one awhile back.
To find them in a ser # under 175000 is very hard the one i have now is in the 174000s about 300 short of the cut off.
There made with the better later steel and with new cylinders they can handle a good load to.
They are kinda strange looking but once you shoot one you like them better than a SAA or like them diffrent.
Only found two in 7 years under 175000.
Theres some fake SAAs made to look like bisleys but the real deal pre 1898 are rare.
 
Back
Top Bottom