Winchester USA Bad ammo ?

Brewster20

CGN frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Location
Arnprior Ontario
I recently bought 10 boxes of Winchester USA brand 39 Spl, 158 Gr lead round nose via mail order. Just tonight I noticed quite a few rounds have what looks like a rust stain around the circumference of the shell, just below the neck, kind of a dark tan colour. I had a couple of empties with the stains, so I ran them through the tumbler, and the stains came off and the brass shined up ok.
I am wondering if the rest are OK to shoot, I'm using a 686 revolver. These are new rounds, what can cause this ? :confused:
 
There seems to be a lack of Quality Control at Winchester,

reguarding their ammo.

This isn't the first time I've heard about problems, from members here.
 
There seems to be a lack of Quality Control at Winchester,

reguarding their ammo.

This isn't the first time I've heard about problems, from members here.

I 2nd that...I reload my own so I dont have this problem but a lot of people at my club and here are experiencing lack luster QC from Winchester ammo lately!
 
Back
Top Bottom