▓ ▓ ▓ ▓ ▓ ▓ ▓ ▓ Rapid Fire And Antique = " ?"Groups" When Rapid Fireing COLT 1892

FWIW.

AFAIK. There is no minimum time limit for illegal possession of a prohibited handgun.
The RCMP office being closed, is irrelevant.

Wtf is a .22 Magnum Short?:confused:
I know about this stuff, It's the same length as the other .22 Mag. ammo.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/speer_WMR_GDHP-SB.htm

And yes, posting about illegal activities will bring the Ban Hammer down.

Just sayin' Eh!:)

i was not claiming it was "full auto" i also put "the gun is 100% stock.  " ... did you not read the Comments And It also has :"like fullauto .

what i did with that Pocket gun was Legal. The RCMP Firearms Center was Closed. So i got the gun "Rechambered" in like 30 min.

And Think what you Want i dont Care. You posting Fake info And bull S*it like this is going to get you a ban hammer off CGN

And As for cop friends 4 ppl that i went to school with are cops. Witch is not big deal i know... i am sure close to 1/2 the ppl on CGN can think of someone they know thats a cop! (Also some are Family members "Cousins")
& i deal with cops Like 2-3 times a week (Work Related) it's nice to talk Guns with them. Most of them dont know what an "antique" Gun is!
 
The pocket gun was not legal. Sorry, think what you will but it was not.... Posting illegal activity is not allowed on cgn. I could tell from the look of it that was a .22, in fact it looked like a .22short. You broke the law by importing it and possessing it. Keep doing this and you will get caught.

I enjoy this hobby. People like you don't help keep it alive. People like you will kill it.

FWIW.

AFAIK. There is no minimum time limit for illegal possession of a prohibited handgun.
The RCMP office being closed, is irrelevant.

Wtf is a .22 Magnum Short?:confused:
I know about this stuff, It's the same length as the other .22 Mag. ammo.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/speer_WMR_GDHP-SB.htm

And yes, posting about illegal activities will bring the Ban Hammer down.

Just sayin' Eh!:)

While I don't always agree with everything Starpuss says or does, he has not intentionally broken any law. If anything, his posting about converting the gun as soon as he realized what it was demonstrates his willingness to comply with the law. At no point did he intend to come into possession of a prohibited firearm and when it occured, he did what he could to ensure that he was complying with the law. I realize that there was a certain period of time when he was in possession of an unregistered prohibited weapon however that could have been any one of us buying off of GB and the important part is that it was not intentional. It was very good thinking for him to print off the add from GB though to cover his ass though.....
 
Starpuss step away from the camera..... slowly, slowly ok now put down the keyboard, that is right no one wants to hurt you........

Seriously bud right or wrong you have nothing to gain from this attention and everything to loose. The nail standing proud usually gets hammered down.
 
f:P:


Looks like most of the complaints are from the phrase "full auto". Why not just remove that and have done with it? I agree that negative attention is dangerous, but I disagree that most of what has happend is drawing any attention at all outside of this thread and maybe an RCMP guy scanning the forum. I am concerned that more and more people of questionable discretion are learning about antiques, but it's hard to judge how to deal with that. Personally I like to take the time to talk with people that're buying - if they seem legit and conscientous then I sell, if not, I pass them on. At the end of the day I suspect that a criminal with intent to break the law will spend $300 on an illegal modern handgun he bought in a bar downtown, rather than $1000-$5000 on an antique that requires custom low pressure ammunition.

In regards to the "22 short mag pistol", if the OP wanted to be strictly legal on the pistol he probably should have gotten the gun to a prohib liscenced gunsmith for the alterations.... except that would have taken longer than converting it on his own, so take your pick. Being sold a gun that is legal only to discover that it wasn't as advertised is not the buyer's fault, as he has done his due dilligence and was lied to, either intentionally or unintentionally.
 
Sorry bud. Not 100% legal. Not even close. You're not old enough to have a prohib card. You were in illegal possession of a prohibited firearm.

While bump firing is not illegal, posting a video of yourself doing it and claiming it's full auto is just silly. Darn good way to get the police to come pay you a visit.

I have major doubts that you have "cop friends". Let me guess if I look though your posts on here there will be talk of run ins with the law...

My point here is this braggart type posting doesn't do anyone any good. Someday when your older you'll see what I'm getting at.

"Cop friends" aren't half as elusive as some may think.....:yingyang:...I bought my first restricted pistol from a Toronto police officer :) , and the range will indeed have full-uniform officers plinking away alongside the rest of us ! :cool:

While I don't always agree with everything Starpuss says or does, he has not intentionally broken any law. If anything, his posting about converting the gun as soon as he realized what it was demonstrates his willingness to comply with the law. At no point did he intend to come into possession of a prohibited firearm and when it occured, he did what he could to ensure that he was complying with the law. I realize that there was a certain period of time when he was in possession of an unregistered prohibited weapon however that could have been any one of us buying off of GB and the important part is that it was not intentional. It was very good thinking for him to print off the add from GB though to cover his ass though.....

He kept his head when others would quite possibly have lost theirs....:redface:
 
I think some might be misunderstanding me...

I don't care if star puss has a super evil kitten killing, baby eating ak47 under his pillow. That's not my problem. Him flaunting the law and putting it up on YouTube, Facebook or even cgn just might become my (or the collective our) problem. People who are anti gun generally have very little knowledge of firearms or the laws surrounding them. Where do these people turn? The Internet. This is why I care about this.

With regards to the .22, he broke the law.he knew it was a prohibited firearm and still retained possession of it. Even if he took it to a gunsmith with a prohibit license he would still be breaking the law. Furthermore the gunsmith would also be breaking the law if he took the job on as the pistol is un registered. There are MANY charges in the cc regarding this type of crime and yes it is crime.

I value my sport and hobby. When I see others putting it at risk I will speak up. Antiques in Canada are a great hobby, we have many challenges.
 
Back
Top Bottom