good round for coyote in .223

newisland

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
PEI
What grain and type of bullet would be good for coyotes out to 300 yards. The rifel is a Axis not sure the twist.
Thanks
 
Last edited:
If you are buying factory ammo & can find it, I recommend Hornady 55gr VMAX ammo. Shot really well out of my Savage, & the VMAX bullet is fur friendly :D.
I think I paid around $20 for a box at Sail.

George
 
I've had excellent success with el cheapo Winchester white box 45gr HP's in my .223 :)

X2 on the shell. I just bought a Savage Axis 22-250 in December. Ran about 60 rounds of the Winchester 45gr JHP`s (4000fps) and I find they work very well! At 150yrds, I was grouped smaller than a dime. And at $35/box of 40...its a great starting point. I smacked a coyote at 250yrds and he was stone dead as soon as it hit. Just starting to get into reloading myself, will see what happens.
 
Back
Top Bottom