Russian/Wolf/Tula ammo someday?

Steiner

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
Location
MB
Would the current producion Russian/Wolf/Tula ammo pass NRCAN inspection? Will we ever see some of this ammo, and at reasonable, or near US pricing? I know it's not the highest quality but considering the price point.

I'm not concerned about x39 ammo since we can get this for near or at US pricing (at this time anyways).

It's the more military calibres that would be nice to have to volume feed milsurps in 308/7.62 Nato, .223, 45acp, 9mm, etc..
American shooters are so lucky regarding cheap ammo - unlike us.:(

.....I guess no foreseeable change in US laws to allow Cdn's to once again being able to bring back ammo from the US like in pre 9/11 days? Maybe the politicians there should try and remember we are actually their ally.
 
approved and being sold in Canada.

PS, I just checked the cost from the distributor, and here is what we could retail it for:

CASE OF 1000 / .45 AUTO $439.00
CASE OF 1000 / 9MM LUGER $259.00
CASE OF 1000 / 40 S&W $419.00
CASE OF 1000 / 308 WIN $679.00
CASE OF 1000 / .223 REM $389.00

We can get some in if there is enough interest.
 
Midway lists wolf as of 2011
.223 254$/1000
.308 408$/1000

9mm 180$/1000
.45 370$/1000

So your qoutes pretty pricey
I think I'll keep reloading
And buying american eagle for the same amount as your quote just for the brass
 
Midway lists wolf as of 2011
.223 254$/1000
.308 408$/1000

9mm 180$/1000
.45 370$/1000

So your qoutes pretty pricey
I think I'll keep reloading
And buying american eagle for the same amount as your quote for the brass
Correct, hence the reason we do not stock it. We do not import it, so the wholesale price is set by the importer.
 
Why bother paying $260 for 1000 of Wolf/Tula 9mm when you can get much better ammo for the same price and keep the brass? Same thing for 223 Rem. My local club used to have a PMC deal. $350 for 1000 rounds and this is decent quality ammo that shoot much cleaner.
 
Why bother paying $260 for 1000 of Wolf/Tula 9mm when you can get much better ammo for the same price and keep the brass? Same thing for 223 Rem. My local club used to have a PMC deal. $350 for 1000 rounds and this is decent quality ammo that shoot much cleaner.

Exactly.
 
Why bother paying $260 for 1000 of Wolf/Tula 9mm when you can get much better ammo for the same price and keep the brass? Same thing for 223 Rem. My local club used to have a PMC deal. $350 for 1000 rounds and this is decent quality ammo that shoot much cleaner.

I agree for some ammo such as 223 and 9mm we already have good pricing and quality. For some other calibres such as 308, 8mm, 30-06, etc it would be nice to have something at a lower price point - akin to surplus pricing like in the US. I guess it's not gonna happen. :(

Darn, wish the US would change that silly can't bring any ammo over the border law for us Cdn's.
 
I think you will like our 308, 45 and 357 pricing next week.

We appreciate all your feedback and the great stuff you bring in. I know pricing is tough for the Cdn market plus other 'issues'.
Roger that on the ammo - I'll be standing by.:)
 
I would love Russian made Wolf 7.62x39 with the 123 grain hollow points at the American pricepoint (or as near as possible). I shoot gobs of corrosive stuff, but would love to never have to buy it again.
 
Back
Top Bottom