What's happening?

ryanshaw44

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked up some NOSLER CUSTOM ACCUBONDS 165 gr for my .308 (rem 700 sps tac) and when I chamber the round its tough to lock the bolt. It does lock but with a bit more pressure then usual. ( half the rounds were tough and the others loaded fine) I checked the brass after I shot the two boxes and the primers had jumped out a bit! This would be unwanted pressures? I also checked case sized and they're fine. I have more but from another lot and they're overall lengths were fine. Any thoughts ? Anyone have this problem before?

Thanks
 
Yes it was the first time using them and they were factory loads, I didn't load them myself. I have no camera at the moment to post pics sorry
 
If the primers are just out a little, I doubt that's excess pressure.

One thing to try, if you have any left. Use a black permanent marker to 'paint' the entire bullet. In a safe location, chamber a round, then extract it without firing. If there are marks on the bullet, it's a safe bet that it and your rifle are not a good match - the bullet is touching the rifling. Never had it happen to me with store-bought, but it's common enough in handloading and it's a possibility.
 
I know this is for a different caliber and rifle but here goes. Hornady superformance .223 ammo id like this in my savage but it is the most accurate factory round in my rifle. Not sure if that helps or not but at least you know you arnt the only one who is experiencing it from factory ammo
 
Back
Top Bottom