my REMINGTON 1875 Black Betty (:

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
I got Black betty back shes a 1875 Remington army model revolver she turned out pretty darn nice i had it hot reblued as the gun was a mix of shiney steel and old nickle mix matched and such a quality gun deserves a better finish.
This one is 38 Sp / 357 mag and the gun works like new.
Im just shooting 38 Special in her tho im sure she can handle 357 medium reloads as thats a arsenl grade steel cylinder the guns fairly heavy because of the big thick walled cylinder.
Has alot of new parts installed includeing a new hammer which i like because it has a safty device so if you drop it at frist safty #### it cant hit a rock and go off. new barrel all new internals set up timeing and lock up right on.
Also uses a hardened set screw to hold in the center shaft as the orignal designe was a poor way to hold the shaft in place up at the barrel webs front all my 1875s are gona have this improvement.
The set screw is not visable.
She reloads and unloads just like a SAA colt.
This is the frist of about 3 of theses im getting refurbished.
The other one is 44 Special and one in 45 Acp or 45 schofield.
Theses are great old handguns the strongest of all the pre 1898 Antique frames to and my favorites.
I have everything i need now in orignal parts to get the John P Clum 1875 finished soon to but it wont get refinished be left orignal :)

P1010002_80.jpg


P1010034_61.jpg


P1010006_79.jpg


P1010007_79.jpg
 
That is a very fine looking revolver Dingus. I just had mine out for the first time yesterday, boy it was fun, shoots very different from the Colt SAA(in a nice way). A very substantial gun to say the least :)
 
That is a very fine looking revolver Dingus. I just had mine out for the first time yesterday, boy it was fun, shoots very different from the Colt SAA(in a nice way). A very substantial gun to say the least :)


Im gona get betty to the range in the next few days put a box of 38 Sp thru her.
I have another one thats black like this to but has Stag grips in 44 Sp be ready soon. its gona be a neat gun has the orignal 44 cal barrel 5.5 inch long should make a nice set.
I am keeping a couple of theses as i just love the look and feel. the other ones i have shot have been great shooters with the heavy calibers that extra weight up front helps get that barrel back down and on target. :)
 
Love to see this fine piece. But pics don't show here. Just a photobucket message saying pics been moved or removed.
 
Was .357 really safe? If so, they must be very strong guns.

Well i said to reload 357 but not everyone listens to me :)
There very strong frames and the newer cylinder takes most of the presure that said i would not feed it a steady diet of factory 357 looks like the guy was trying diffrent factory ammos tho.
I have 4 of theses antique remington 1875s there one of my favorite guns because there so strong i have some in 45 schofield cal and two in 44 sp.
Im thinking of selling another one in the next couple months but its hard to let them go. my big nickled gun is a tack driver in 44 sp it handles the hotter ammos no problem.
 
Hey Dingus, can you post those pics or pics of your other 1875,s? I want something to keep hope on, i will be selling my target .44 russian to finance an 1875, it's a collector piece but I want one that I will shoot instead of just look at!
 
I dont take pics of my keepers as that way i wont be tempted to sell them. :)
Theres a picture or thred of my john P clum 1875 around somewhere on here tho.
Its not a pretty gun but the history is neat.
 
Well i said to reload 357 but not everyone listens to me :)
There very strong frames and the newer cylinder takes most of the presure that said i would not feed it a steady diet of factory 357 looks like the guy was trying diffrent factory ammos tho.
I have 4 of theses antique remington 1875s there one of my favorite guns because there so strong i have some in 45 schofield cal and two in 44 sp.
Im thinking of selling another one in the next couple months but its hard to let them go. my big nickled gun is a tack driver in 44 sp it handles the hotter ammos no problem.

Thanks for the reply.
I did read your post... I got mixed up with the ad in the ee the other fellow had. He stated he was using factory .357, seems like a pretty big risk to me. Even if it doesn't blow up in your face it could go in the next guys face. With the price he was asking I would be mighty unhappy if I got a gun damaged by loads far too hot for it. I'm no expert but I think factory .357 mag is WAY hot hot for 99% of pre1898 guns.
 
Back
Top Bottom