Colt 44-40 peacemaker help

joe n

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
300   0   0
Hi Gentlemen,
I don't frequent this forum often, so please be gentle with me:redface:
I am looking at a Colt single action 44-40 Peacemaker, with serial number of 141613. I understand there is a website that has data on date of manufacture, where and to whom it was purchased and shipeed to, ect. I cannot find this information. Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Thanks and take care
Joe :)
 
Also, would this be eligible for antique status?

As-is, no. Put a new cylinder (and maybe barrel) on it, chambered in one of the calibers not listed in the Law, and you have a Prescribed Antique. Put the original cylinder back onto it, after having made it an Antique, and you have an unregistered Restricted or Prohibited Firearm. Bad juju indeed.

If it's in any kind of condition (as in, not put together from parts, and better than as would be used for a trot-line sinker), keep it original. Yours to choose, though.

Cheers
Trev
 
Back
Top Bottom