where can i purchase ...

Cabelas carries traditions, although why would you want one like that ?

Why not get a real one, hawken or kentucky style ?

Might say im a traditionalist and the new ones just rub me wrong. :p

Cheers, McLean
 
cause i don't care for wood and i don't get off on the history of this type of firearm.

but learning about mechanism and skills of a flintlock are of great value to me.
 
Haha I was about to say the same thing Doug, if you want to learn about a flitlock and the mechanism you should get a real flintlock then you will better understand the handling characteristics and such.

Also I have a traditions penslyvannia and its a great gun except for the touchhole being a little small, however I havent heard many good things about the deer hunter, Its the cheapest one on the traditions lineup.

You might be better off with a hawken style, i beleive you can get them in synthetic and flint. Also the hawken is a more traditional stlye for shooting and handling. It also has a nicer more refined stoc line than the deer hunter.


Cheers, McLean
 
Yes but that isnt a real blackpowder gun, its designed to use pyrodex pellets. Not the same experience in my mind as actual loading with measured powder
 
I think you will find the TC s are perhaps a bit more reliable than the foreign imports. The parts are often interchangeable but Thompson uses high carbon steel parts while the foreign imports often use mild steel case hardened.

cheers mooncoon
 
Yes but that isnt a real blackpowder gun, its designed to use pyrodex pellets. Not the same experience in my mind as actual loading with measured powder

that's to bad, because i want to use measured black powder. V:I:

edit, can accept magnum charges of up to 150 grains of FFG Black Powder or Pyrodex® equivalent (or 3 Pyrodex 50 caliber, 50 grain Pellets).
 
Last edited:
I think you will find the TC s are perhaps a bit more reliable than the foreign imports. The parts are often interchangeable but Thompson uses high carbon steel parts while the foreign imports often use mild steel case hardened.

cheers mooncoon

thanks for the heads up.
 
Back
Top Bottom