Panic over..Revolving Carbine is non-restricted.

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
OK... I may have over reacted a bit when someone mentioned that the Carbine is a restricted firearm. :eek:
I was assured by another CGN'er who has one that it is non restricted and just to be absolutely certain I phoned the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program and asked them. They looked it up on the computer and told me that it is non restricted even with an 18 inch barrel...mine is 20 inches so it is even less restricted..:D
My thanks to the Moderators for removing the thread during my time of stress, at my request.
Anyway here are the pictures back..I will try to get some action shots the next time at the range.

Revolvingrifl002-1.jpg

NewgunsApril92011001.jpg

NewgunsApril92011003.jpg
 
OK... I may have over reacted a bit when someone mentioned that the Carbine is a restricted firearm. :eek:
I was assured by another CGN'er who has one that it is non restricted and just to be absolutely certain I phoned the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program and asked them. They looked it up on the computer and told me that it is non restricted even with an 18 inch barrel...mine is 20 inches so it is even less restricted..:D
My thanks to the Moderators for removing the thread during my time of stress, at my request.
Anyway here are the pictures back..I will try to get some action shots the next time at the range.

Revolvingrifl002-1.jpg

NewgunsApril92011001.jpg

NewgunsApril92011003.jpg

Were did you pick that carbine up from?

I've been fighting the urge to get one for some time.
 
I got it from another black powder enthusiast who shoots on Black Powder Sunday ( first Sunday of each month ) up at Port Coquitlam and District Hunting and Fishing Club (PCDHFC) he prefers the more traditional long rifles.
 
No problem Jesuswon it is such a strange looking thing that I had to make sure that it is non restricted.
There are a lot of reports of chainfires with these things on the net so I will be diligent about lubing the chambers and also use lubed wads, also keep a close eye on the caps in case some come off after recoil.
 
Interesting trigger guard. Is that a Remington?
It is a reproduction of a Remington Revolving Rifle..from what I have read there were less than a thousand produced between 1866-1879.


The tupperware is a combination patch lube and cylinder capping mixture made from vegetable shortening and a pinch of bee's wax.
 
I have a Uberti like that but was wondering if it is considered a muzzle loader?
In NB you can carry a muzzle loader most of the year for varmints. Also is a Sharps that shoots paper cartridges.
 
I was tempted to buy a cartridge version, several years before the registry. The store owner told me that it was restricted because the police at that time felt it could be converted to a handgun too easily. Seemingly they have repented since then

cheers mooncoon
 
A buddy has one in .357 mag and shot a mule doe with it a couple years back .Bang flop.it is nasty as they have no fore arm or hand guard to prevent powder burns from the supporting hand.We took to wearing long sleeves and a glove on one hand .Stipple pattern burns hurt! Harold
 
Back
Top Bottom