Ardent
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
"Shooting Chrony" is the brand to go for, Canadian made too, all over ebay very reasonable. Neat thing about a chrono is you get a lot of bang for your buck, shoot targets as usual but gain great data while you do.
"Shooting Chrony" is the brand to go for, Canadian made too, all over ebay very reasonable. Neat thing about a chrono is you get a lot of bang for your buck, shoot targets as usual but gain great data while you do.
A good read and some nice photo's. I just might have to run a few across the chronograph now and see how my velocities compare with what you got. I do have the guns and ammo for it!
![]()
I tried the .32 short colt trick with the .27 green hilti caps and a .311 round ball. I had less than stellar success. I didnt have lathe and tried to use a drill press to make the .32 rimfire rounds. Id say I wrecked 10 brass to every good one and most of the good ones the hilty cap sat just a few thou too far out to allow the revolver cylinder to rotate correctly or the derringer to lock up properly. I gave up and bought an HC collections kit. By the time you buy a whole bunch of extra brass casing its quite expensive but in my mind superior in every way to the .32 short colt other than having to index the rounds to one side due to the offset......



























