While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Wondering what the oldest, and "newest" Pre-1898, legal antique chambering SAA's in Canada would be? If we can get enough folks to chip in would be interesting.
I know what he is asking,
Well i have a Colt Bisley in the mid 174000s serial number its about 600 below the cut off. they used the better modern steel in the cross bolt bisleys.
its one of the best pre 1898 colts ive had.
I also have a Bisley Flat top Target as well but its a lower serial number tho its a stronger gun as the top strap is so thick + it has front and rear adjustable sites.
The gun is set up in 455 / 45 schofield / 45 Acp all with diffrent 3 cylinders.
She can handle my heavy reloads. Its one gun i wont sell im just waiting for a 7.5 inch new frontier barrel for it with a minty bore.
Very neat, envious of the target. I just acquired SAA 173081, you've already beaten me on the late end, I figured it wouldn't take long. Curious who has the "first" and "last" of the members here.
Sure, will do soon OK, to be clear she's an 1897, smokeless transition period gun. Has the smokeless features and appearance, but is in truth no stronger than the BP frame guns as it's made from the same iron (dingus' late 174k's Bisley saw the smokeless steel earlier). I imagine there will be a good few later SAA's here that are still legal antiques, so far dingus is leading for the "newest very old Colt SAA (variant)".
I mean this kindly, but what possible risk could there be in sharing the actual full serial number of your legal antique? Would be nice to know the full serials, never understood why one would want to blank out a figure of an antique's serial.
Ours would have left the line within days or weeks at the most of each other, neat to know they're both here and both still original .41's.
My Colt SAA artillery has a frame that dates to 1882. Most of the rest of the components date to 1873, 1874 and 1875. The artillery's usually had mixed serial numbers, due to the fact that they were rebuilt from older Colts shipped back to the factory to have their barrels shortened.
I'm kicking myself for never getting the guys name when I bought it at the kamloops gun show. And then I kicked myself again becuase he was there again this year and I never got his name. Older gent, he had a .41lc with a birds head handle. He did the refinish quite a few years ago he said, Its a beaut!