loyalist arms? are they a good manufacturer? your experiences with them?

lobsterman89

Regular
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking into getting a smoothore musket carbine, something with a barrel 30" or shorter and Loyalist Arms is offering a gun to those specs at a reasonable price (under $700) in the form of the 1796 heavy dragoon carbine. the question I have is, does anyone here have experience with them? maybe this particular gun? did you have to return a couple to get one in good shape(as with indian guns) or was the first one the one you kept?
my reasoning for getting a shorter musket carbine is the compactness and lighter weight, the fact that the gun is shorter then I am tall is another good attribute lol
http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/1796hdcarb.html
 
If you look down in the forum a bit there is someone who asked this same question a week ago with lots of responses.

There are several people on the board who either like or dislike the india made guns. I cant comment all that much having never owned one myself and just handled them. Overall I have heard more good than bad. Alot of the reenactors out here use india guns and are happy with them. The price is pretty good on them as well.



Cheers, McLean
 
Ill add that mooncoon showed me how to reharden a frizzen once and its quite simple. Not a huge downside in terms of owning one. As long as you have a torchand some kasenite.

McLean
 
I'm going to update this thread. I've looked at their guns and would like an opinion on one of them. their early englsih trade gun:
http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/tradeguns.html (bottom one)

Anyone who has dealt with Loyalist seems quite happy with them and very pleased. The owners will bend over backwards to please you. They'll stand behind their product and fix whatever might come along.

Don't be afraid to buy from them.
 
+1 on dealing with loyalist arms. I bought a pedersoli sharps from them and about a month later they sent me a refund for $100 or so with a note telling me they had made an error on pricing. There is no way I would have ever discovered this on my own
 
Back
Top Bottom