- Location
- Edmonton, Alberta
Ok I've poked around a bit and would love to hear some direct input from you guys.
I recently found out I will be coming into a little bit of money and I'm thinking of buying an antique gun (pistol). I know next to nothing about them.
Would I be crazy to think I could get an antique that is in shootable condition for NO MORE then $1500.
I was hoping for something that looks like a Colt and not like a Webley (I think Webleys are ugly). My main purpose is really as a conversation piece/shooter. We own a largish (section) chunk of land that I would like to take it to and shoot on occasion.
What do you think? Where should I start? What guns should I be looking at?
I recently found out I will be coming into a little bit of money and I'm thinking of buying an antique gun (pistol). I know next to nothing about them.
Would I be crazy to think I could get an antique that is in shootable condition for NO MORE then $1500.
I was hoping for something that looks like a Colt and not like a Webley (I think Webleys are ugly). My main purpose is really as a conversation piece/shooter. We own a largish (section) chunk of land that I would like to take it to and shoot on occasion.
What do you think? Where should I start? What guns should I be looking at?




























, "must" the antique be a cartridge firearm ? ....


- many of those double-actions simply "became single-actions" ! 






















