Where to find black powder?

Kirk1701

Regular
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm sure there's a thread on this, but I can't find it. I'm looking at getting into black powder, percussion revolvers. I'd like to use the real stuff for historical accuracy, but I'm not averse to substitutes if they're easier (or cheaper).

Where do you guys buy black powder? Is there a place that has the best price? I'm in Ontario, incidentally. I'd rather not buy explosives over the web, or I'd just order it from trackofthewolf along with other accessories. Any advice is welcome.
 
I'm sure there's a thread on this, but I can't find it. I'm looking at getting into black powder, percussion revolvers. I'd like to use the real stuff for historical accuracy, but I'm not averse to substitutes if they're easier (or cheaper).

Where do you guys buy black powder? Is there a place that has the best price? I'm in Ontario, incidentally. I'd rather not buy explosives over the web, or I'd just order it from trackofthewolf along with other accessories. Any advice is welcome.

Where about in Ontario? I get my black powder from Ellwood Epps. I make a point of picking some up when I'm in that general area.

I have also gotten some from a small local gun smith in town here. He occasionally has it in his counter display.
 
Where about in Ontario? I get my black powder from Ellwood Epps. I make a point of picking some up when I'm in that general area.

I have also gotten some from a small local gun smith in town here. He occasionally has it in his counter display.

Belleville, to be exact. The Canadian Tire here in town carries Blackhorn, but I'm not sure that's suitable for Colt cap and ball revolvers.
 
You can use any black powder substitute in a BP gun. They are generally cleaner burning. Any decent gun shop should have some BP. If you were on the other side of TO I would say St Catherines is the place to go. He is the Ontario rep for Goex
 
Back
Top Bottom