old photos

mooncoon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
I dug up this photo and thought that I would toss it in here to give members a chuckle. I don't recall being so young or so thin :>) Anyhow it is a morning after photo with my clothes on, of my first coon

cheers mooncoon

Dougcoon1.jpg
 
I couldn't figure out how the chickens could be eating so much food, especially at night when they were locked up. Figured out I had to lock up the food at night. :>0
If the chickens weren't locked up 1/2 hour before dark, the coons would get them. Finally this one jumped into a cedar tree instead of disappearing into the brush.
They are good in a stew.

cheers mooncoon
 
very nice coon...what rifle was that? I have been looking for a muzzleloader that i can use on small game.

it is a home made one (by me) with a barrel by Hugh Tonjes. At the time he lived in Kamloops and made both excellent barrels as well as spectacular rifles. He moved back to the US several years ago and occasionally posts on the American Long Rifle forum.
Up close the stock was pretty awful and I filled in the ramrod hole and reworked it, shot it for a year or two, then tossed that stock and made another one which was better but still not very good

cheers mooncoon
 
I couldnt eat that stew! Not for me!

I shot my first Racoon back in 1984. It was the first one anyone in Prince Albert. Sask. Had seen. I shot it with my recurve and wood arrows.
 
Back
Top Bottom