diomedesbc
CGN Regular
- Location
- Calgary, AB
I have a restricted license and have owned (besides the core few rifles and shotgun that have been handed down to me from my grandfather and father) a variety of different firearms, from a Lyman hawken percussion, a SIG 226, a swedish mauser, valmet hunter, to a Swiss Classic Green.
I think I've been bit by the antique bug, whether its Snider-enfields and martini henrys to Webleys and Matchlocks.
When it comes to hand guns the reason I don't own one anymore is because I can't stand the regulations around it and that I can only fire it at an indoor range and can't take it outdoor like my shotgun and rifles for a nice day in the country.
I've just realized that maybe one way around this is to buy an antique pistol. Is this true? If so, any ideas on what I should look for? I started browsing the EE and its a little depressing, won't be cheap I guess.
How hard is it to buy an antique off gunbroker and import? Expensive?
Sorry for the long rant and questions, just had all these thoughts and figured might as well share.
I think I've been bit by the antique bug, whether its Snider-enfields and martini henrys to Webleys and Matchlocks.
When it comes to hand guns the reason I don't own one anymore is because I can't stand the regulations around it and that I can only fire it at an indoor range and can't take it outdoor like my shotgun and rifles for a nice day in the country.
I've just realized that maybe one way around this is to buy an antique pistol. Is this true? If so, any ideas on what I should look for? I started browsing the EE and its a little depressing, won't be cheap I guess.
How hard is it to buy an antique off gunbroker and import? Expensive?
Sorry for the long rant and questions, just had all these thoughts and figured might as well share.




























...






















