EE - clean when done

tokguy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Location
Buffalo Republic
At a risk of sounding like a whiner; hey folks, when you are done selling something on the EE, please, go advanced and get it off of there.
I'm not OCD so I don't have a breakdown of the number of ad's marked SPF or sold, but there is quite a few.
If the EE was a valuable tool in selling your treasure, be considerate after the fact and get your ad delete'd as well.
Was looking for a particular firearm and there are more dead ads listed for it than current for sale ads.
It's kinda like dishes; use them as needed but clean things up when you are done. Other folks shouldn't have to deal with your leftovers or clean up after you.
Stay safe
 
I couldn't agree more. People are being disrespectful of others by not deleting their ads.
It makes it very hard to do a search when all that comes up is SPF.
 
Isn't it awesome that they have to go 'advanced' to edit the title anyhow...but they're too darn lazy (or just don't know any better) to change WTS to 'Please Remove'. Come on guys...it's not rocket science! **RANT OFF**
 
I agree it a bit of a tease to find exactly what you want and then see it's been sold two months ago...

But I also find it a useful archive of what's out there and how much it was listed for. You can find quite a lot of images of rare guns this way. You also get an idea of who's selling and what they're selling, which can be a factor if you're considering making an offer on a current listing.

If the price has been removed or replaced with "SPF" you can always ask the seller what it was listed/sold for. I've done this a few times and guys are generally pretty good about responding. Again, this has helped me determine whether asking prices of current listings are reasonable.

Maybe the experts in this section don't need all this info and find it annoying, but as a novice I find the old listings quite helpful. If your search gets too many old hits, just limit it to a couple months or so.
 
god, this bothers me too.....either people "forget" or are just too lazy...several times I've PMed people and told them nicely to remove their ad after I've inquired about it and found it was sold.
 
I leave the ad up until the buyer receives the sale item so that he can verify that the description and the item match. A couple of times people have "misremembered" what the ad said and so I don't delete it immediately. My ads get "---SOLD---" edited into the heading and they stay on the EE until the buyer receives the item, and then it is deleted.

You shouldn't have to open an ad that has "SOLD" edited into the header but if this is a hardship then please accept my apolgies for the 1.5 seconds of your life you wasted while reading it. ;)
 
I leave the ad up until the buyer receives the sale item so that he can verify that the description and the item match. A couple of times people have "misremembered" what the ad said and so I don't delete it immediately. My ads get "---SOLD---" edited into the heading and they stay on the EE until the buyer receives the item, and then it is deleted.[QUOTE/]

This is the way I like it done as well.
 
I just don't get why so many guys are obsessed with replacing their sale price with SPF. Are you ashamed of what you sold your gun for? What's the big secret? You had a price there at one point. I like to see the price even if the sale is pending just to help give me an idea of what guys are listing things for.
 
They just don't want to find out that the rifle they just paid $600 for was sold last month for $300.:pirate: or that the rifle they are selling for $600 was bought by them for $300 last week.Laugh2
 
I leave my add for 2 weeks after the gun is sold... In case the buyer says that I forgot to disclose a ding or a scratch ...

And final price is NOYB... thats why they invented SPF....

I even get PM's asking some of my prices... Those get ignored....

If you want to know what price not to sell your gun, Check out the adds that have 15 BTT's
 
I'm not asking the selling price, that is you and your customers business.
I'm just asking (instead of deleting) to leave, for folks to see, the asking price.
What is the harm in that?
 
mods search for the please remove, they should also search for "SPF" and "sold" if it has been up for 2 weeks, delete those as well
 
mods search for the please remove, they should also search for "SPF" and "sold" if it has been up for 2 weeks, delete those as well

not gonna happen .

i wouldnt want my ads deleted prior to the buyers has given me the aye ok .

sh*t happens and there is no gaurantees that the item will get there in two weeks, also two weeks is a long time to remember every details in a ad/pic .
 
I'm not asking the selling price, that is you and your customers business.
I'm just asking (instead of deleting) to leave, for folks to see, the asking price.
What is the harm in that?

My thoughts exactly. The actual selling price, I don't need to know. For all I know, things could have been negotiated behind the scenes. But I would like to know the original asking price. You had the asking price in the ad when you listed it, why are you so ashamed to leave it in there after you have a deal pending?

And final price is NOYB... thats why they invented SPF....

I even get PM's asking some of my prices... Those get ignored....

If you want to know what price not to sell your gun, Check out the adds that have 15 BTT's

No, SPF means sale pending funds. That means if you PM me asking about the gun, I have a pending sale but it might pop back up on the market if the buyer flakes out. I swear some of you guys think leaving an asking price up is like handing out photocopies of your drivers license, birth certificate and SIN card.
 
Back
Top Bottom