22LR pocket pistols - did any exist?

emilio613

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
So this is more of a question for the pros/enthusiasts that know their stuff.

I came across this gun, that sold for $370 (So that's what... $1200 once it gets across the border? :rolleyes: haha)...

What intrigued me was that its an antique status, colt open top..and its chambered in 22lr/short.

http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9745100

What I want to know.... How many pistols like this were made, in terms of various manufacturers and models?

I would LOVE an antique 22lr pocket pistol, as it would be affordable to shoot!

Any one have some insight into this?

Is it possible to find a functioning, solid, antique status 22lr pocket revolver/pistol?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
WHAT? Oh come on........ that"s...Well, I will refrain from cussing on here... but come on.

So our only choice would be to buy (if you can find one) a new production pocket pistol 22 (that has a long enough barrel... I saw one of the dealers looking to bring some in), then go through that whole fun ATT/restricted circus?

Wonderful.

I suggest a group move to the states. We can retain our name and start a community. CGN town or something.

Well, thanks for clearing that up tumbleweeds13.

Another dream shattered by Canada :p
 
I've seen .22 open-top Colt's get demolished with almost any type of modern .22 ammunition....:eek:...what an utter shame !....:(

yeah i know. i know a guy that has a pre 1900 .22 revolver witch he relined the barrel to legal length he has a die set up to turn them .22 ramset blanks into a .22 empty short casing he then load them up with 4f BP and a heeled 30gr bullet

i think the antique regulations need a change id love to have a little .22 short pocket revolver its not like you can buy ammo without a license
 
yeah i know. i know a guy that has a pre 1900 .22 revolver witch he relined the barrel to legal length he has a die set up to turn them .22 ramset blanks into a .22 empty short casing he then load them up with 4f BP and a heeled 30gr bullet

i think the antique regulations need a change id love to have a little .22 short pocket revolver its not like you can buy ammo without a license

I think we're stuck with those .32(0) revolvers for small-calibre :) , short-barrelled goodness....:redface:
 
yeah i know. i know a guy that has a pre 1900 .22 revolver witch he relined the barrel to legal length he has a die set up to turn them .22 ramset blanks into a .22 empty short casing he then load them up with 4f BP and a heeled 30gr bullet

i think the antique regulations need a change id love to have a little .22 short pocket revolver its not like you can buy ammo without a license

Well that's the thing. I don't see why the caliber really has to affect it. The logic is completely flawed: "Your gun was made before 1894? Well then yes, I mean the age itself dictates that......WAIT... JUST a minute..... is that a .22rf? Arrest this man, and his dangerous weapon, unless he registers it, gets an ATT, joins a gun club... How dare he try to make his shooting more convenient" :D

32rf is uber expensive. Heck, even doing a new run of 22lr ammo with specialized loads for old guns would be cheap, as it would be based off existing components (bullets, brass, powders).... Silly gov't.

I still don't get why caliber should determine antique status. I thought it was AGE, as per logic!
 
Well that's the thing. I don't see why the caliber really has to affect it. The logic is completely flawed: "Your gun was made before 1894? Well then yes, I mean the age itself dictates that......WAIT... JUST a minute..... is that a .22rf? Arrest this man, and his dangerous weapon, unless he registers it, gets an ATT, joins a gun club... How dare he try to make his shooting more convenient" :D

32rf is uber expensive. Heck, even doing a new run of 22lr ammo with specialized loads for old guns would be cheap, as it would be based off existing components (bullets, brass, powders).... Silly gov't.

I still don't get why caliber should determine antique status. I thought it was AGE, as per logic!

i would not shoot any .32 rimfire ammo what id do is this http://32rimfire.########.ca/
 
i would not shoot any .32 rimfire ammo what id do is this http://32rimfire.########.ca/

I was reading about that yesterday actually! On another site though. The problem for me is that I don't have access to ANY of that equipment, nor do I have any reloading components.

I would have to find someone who would do up a bunch of these for me, assuming I buy a 32rf pistol.
 
They threw in the status,,in their view,, of the ammunition, it needs to be,,in their view,, obsolete! Even though the old .22 is different, the name is the same and it chambers, we get scewed. The U.S. rules are much more sensible, in most states. For now though I suggest we bring in as many antique handguns as possible, before the tap gets turned off completely. I am doing my part!
 
They threw in the status,,in their view,, of the ammunition, it needs to be,,in their view,, obsolete! Even though the old .22 is different, the name is the same and it chambers, we get scewed. The U.S. rules are much more sensible, in most states. For now though I suggest we bring in as many antique handguns as possible, before the tap gets turned off completely. I am doing my part!

Curious, and maybe you could PM me on he subject, but since you do it, could you please tell me how one goes about importing an antique pistol from the States? I am going down there soon enough and would love to know how I could bring back an antique derringer!
 
Well that's the thing. I don't see why the caliber really has to affect it. The logic is completely flawed: "Your gun was made before 1894? Well then yes, I mean the age itself dictates that......WAIT... JUST a minute..... is that a .22rf? Arrest this man, and his dangerous weapon, unless he registers it, gets an ATT, joins a gun club... How dare he try to make his shooting more convenient" :D

32rf is uber expensive. Heck, even doing a new run of 22lr ammo with specialized loads for old guns would be cheap, as it would be based off existing components (bullets, brass, powders).... Silly gov't.

I still don't get why caliber should determine antique status. I thought it was AGE, as per logic!

What the United States deems an "antique firearm" :yingyang: , Canadian "authorities" label "restricted" :rolleyes: - which leads to the ludicrous notion of requiring an ATT to bring to the U.S. something that their government agencies do not actually "govern" !......f:P:
 
I don't know about y'all but I'm itchin to bust a cap in some seven-11 clerk's ass with a S&W model 1....

img0222-w1024.jpg
 
he has a die set up to turn them .22 ramset blanks into a .22 empty short casing he then load them up with 4f BP and a heeled 30gr bullet

That seems pretty unlikely to me. While the majority of ramset shells are 27 caliber, I believe there are some made in 22 caliber. Hard to see how you could crush a primed rimfire cartridge down without discharging the priming. It would also make better sense to simply shoot CB caps which are primer only or better, if you could find them, BB caps which are primer only and a 22 caliber round ball

cheers mooncoon
 
I was reading about that yesterday actually! On another site though. The problem for me is that I don't have access to ANY of that equipment, nor do I have any reloading components.

I would have to find someone who would do up a bunch of these for me, assuming I buy a 32rf pistol.

a small drill press is all thats needed ;) no reloading press nothing
 
Back
Top Bottom