22LR pocket pistols - did any exist?

That seems pretty unlikely to me. While the majority of ramset shells are 27 caliber, I believe there are some made in 22 caliber. Hard to see how you could crush a primed rimfire cartridge down without discharging the priming. It would also make better sense to simply shoot CB caps which are primer only or better, if you could find them, BB caps which are primer only and a 22 caliber round ball

cheers mooncoon

nope its a die set to turn the .22 ramset blanks into .22 short empty casings it has a seating die and expanding die and the die to cut the crimp off i work some what like one of those nose reforming tools for .22lr

the .22 ramset blanks are more common down here
 
a small drill press is all thats needed ;) no reloading press nothing

Ok, so maybe I missed in the blog (as its a lot to read lol), however, my question is, the initial brass/loads that you drill out.... Are they expensive? I mean, you need to have brass and bullets... so I would think you have to at least press the bullets into the cases to reload them, no? I don't see how you wouldn't need a press! lol.

I guess the drill bit part makes sense, but I don't get how you wouldn't need reloading equipment, if you are re-using brass and need to load bullets :p
 
Damn, that's nice. See, I want something like THAT! a little neat pocket revolver, just because its so neat!

Also, if I could get it chambered in 22, then I am sure there is an affordable way to shoot it!

You can't shoot one of these with modern .22 short ammo. It was meant for black powder in the 1860's.
 
nope its a die set to turn the .22 ramset blanks into .22 short empty casings it has a seating die and expanding die and the die to cut the crimp off i work some what like one of those nose reforming tools for .22lr

I will have to concede that I misread your original post and thought that you were talking about 27 cal ramsets.

I will however continue to say that it would make more sense to shoot either CB caps or BB caps (if you can find them).

cheers mooncoon
 
Maybe BB caps would be the way to go...:redface:...or Floberts' !....:D

LOL everytime I see those BB caps, I think of that Simpsons clip with the derringers. I can't find the video, but here's the audio from the clip: http://springfieldfiles.com/sounds/CABF17/397.mp3

Its just a bunch of people in a bar shooting derringers, getting hit in the eye, everywhere, and the bullets just bounce off, nothing even breaks. lol :D
 
Ok, so maybe I missed in the blog (as its a lot to read lol), however, my question is, the initial brass/loads that you drill out.... Are they expensive? I mean, you need to have brass and bullets... so I would think you have to at least press the bullets into the cases to reload them, no? I don't see how you wouldn't need a press! lol.

I guess the drill bit part makes sense, but I don't get how you wouldn't need reloading equipment, if you are re-using brass and need to load bullets :p

well the .32 colt uses a heeled bullet so good luck finding them most of us use .311-.313 round balls

even with the heel based bullet you really dont need a reloading die or press but if you wanted you could have a tool something like the lee classic made up
 
In real life those 22 cal BBs will go completely through a rabbits head (sideways) at 15 yards or so

cheers mooncoon

i dont think it will ive poped a few rats with some RWS .22bb caps there great target shooting rounds and if you can find one of those parlor pistols thats pre 1898 in .22 bb cap or 6mm flobert it should be antique
 
Last edited:
Technically, the revolver the OP linked is not in 22 long rifle. It is in 22 short or long rimfire. 22 long rifle was developed by the Stevens company in the 1880s. 22 short or long is a different power/pressure factor. The difference is much the same as 38 special or 357 magnum. I doubt a 22 long rifle cartridge would even chamber in an antique Derringer-type revolver.
 
Technically, the revolver the OP linked is not in 22 long rifle. It is in 22 short or long rimfire. 22 long rifle was developed by the Stevens company in the 1880s. 22 short or long is a different power/pressure factor. The difference is much the same as 38 special or 357 magnum. I doubt a 22 long rifle cartridge would even chamber in an antique Derringer-type revolver.

"Full power" .22 shorts (it pains me to use that term in this context" ! :p ) would still be too strong :( , or so it seems...:yingyang:
 
dont call every .22 rimfire round .22lr

it go's like this .22bb cap,.22cb cap,.22 short,.22 long,.22 long rifle,.22 mag

No I meant specifically... I underestimated the power of a .22 long rifle cartridge before. :) (What I meant by that is, well if the 22LR was more powerful than i thought, I don't see why a 22BB cap can't be more powerful than I thought!)
 
Really? I always thought those bb caps were really weak. Well, I guess I have underestimated the power of a 22LR before... :p

Locally we have eastern cottontails which are relatively small compared to what I have heard of jack rabbits and certainly a bit smaller than the feral domestic rabbits I see around. Still at 15 yards or so with a head shot they just roll over and don't even twitch

cheers mooncoon
 
Another dream shattered by pierre elliot treadeau. You should write the politicals as I've been doing and ask for this nonsense to end.

I got a typed letter/signed from Vic Toews about this very matter basically telling me that its in the best interest of public safety.

In other words, I don't care about you wanting to own old guns, stop wasting my time.
 
Back
Top Bottom