Pedersoli barrel removing?

petew

Regular
Rating - 97.4%
38   1   0
Location
Alberta
I just picked up an older pedersoli 45 cal Ml and for the life of me I can't remove the barrel. It is a "Canadien Voyageur" model from a while back, but looks identical to the kentucky model sold now.
The tang screw goes all the way thru to the trigger, I removed that , but there are no barrel wedge pins. I do see some small holes along the stock the size of a finishing nail though. Are these meant to be punched out to remove the barrel?
Pete
 
Probably.
There are likely pins holding the ramrod pipes, others passing through barrel underlugs.
 
Thanks, I did find the pins and got the barrel off and cleaned up. WHAT A DUMB WAY TO HOLD A BARREL ON. They could at least have used pins that don't belong in a wrist watch.
 
No problem getting it all together, the pins went in as easy as could be, just a slight tap tap and all is well. I can see it would wear out the wood if it is taken apart to often, so now I need one of those flush adapters for cleaning it after shooting.
 
Not unusual for flat bars (aka wedges, bolts) to be used. Often captive with a pin running in a slot to keep them from being lost. Much easier to use. Also more complicated to make.
 
Back
Top Bottom