- Location
- Just West of the GTA
I have finally figured out that it would be a big asset to have a muzzleloader for deer hunting down here in Southern Ontario.
Looking to get a modern inline that uses 209 primers. Something near the lower end like a traditions or a CVA. Do you guys have any thoughts/tips/suggestions?
I understand that the stainless guns are a lot esier to clean and while that sounds appealing I don't know if that would be worth the extra $ or not.
Are any of the modern inlines more weather resistant than any of the others? Is it worth spending more $ on something like a Thompson Center, or are the traditions and CVA's just as weather resistant? I am not a fair weather hunter and with a 1 week season I will be out there regardless.
I am considering used, anything in particular that I should look out for?
Looking to get a modern inline that uses 209 primers. Something near the lower end like a traditions or a CVA. Do you guys have any thoughts/tips/suggestions?
I understand that the stainless guns are a lot esier to clean and while that sounds appealing I don't know if that would be worth the extra $ or not.
Are any of the modern inlines more weather resistant than any of the others? Is it worth spending more $ on something like a Thompson Center, or are the traditions and CVA's just as weather resistant? I am not a fair weather hunter and with a 1 week season I will be out there regardless.
I am considering used, anything in particular that I should look out for?


















































