StrelokM38
CGN Regular
Alright. So my father bought around 10 guns for 300 bucks in an auction about 30 years ago and turned out to be the only person to bid. And he told me that the auctioneer said he had very welljust stolen them for the price he had paid.
He intended to hand them down to his children when they came of age. And I was the only one really to have any interest in firearms. So I got 3 while the others got distributed around with the rest of the immediate family over the years.
So. This is what I got.
A Marlin M1894,same year of production. Hex barrel and Chambered in .25-20. Has two grub screws set into the top of the receiver as if it had a scope at some point. Hammer seems very weak, too. Has wobble when not cocked. (Top)
An M1894 Winchester from 1894. Hex barrel and all. Has a 'Browned' finish and is in very good shape. Chambered in .38-55 (Bottom)
And a "W X J. Davis B-somethingsomething-ullingham" Breakbarrel shotgun in 12 Gauge. Year unknown.
So, all in all. My dad got these for piss in a bucket as far as costs go. How much would you guys say these things are worth now? Now, before you guys make any offers, I am 'not' selling any of these. I just want to know how well my dad had scored on these things those years back. Haha. Also, would I be buggering these things up were I to shoot them?
thanks
He intended to hand them down to his children when they came of age. And I was the only one really to have any interest in firearms. So I got 3 while the others got distributed around with the rest of the immediate family over the years.
So. This is what I got.
A Marlin M1894,same year of production. Hex barrel and Chambered in .25-20. Has two grub screws set into the top of the receiver as if it had a scope at some point. Hammer seems very weak, too. Has wobble when not cocked. (Top)
An M1894 Winchester from 1894. Hex barrel and all. Has a 'Browned' finish and is in very good shape. Chambered in .38-55 (Bottom)
And a "W X J. Davis B-somethingsomething-ullingham" Breakbarrel shotgun in 12 Gauge. Year unknown.
So, all in all. My dad got these for piss in a bucket as far as costs go. How much would you guys say these things are worth now? Now, before you guys make any offers, I am 'not' selling any of these. I just want to know how well my dad had scored on these things those years back. Haha. Also, would I be buggering these things up were I to shoot them?
thanks


















































