Hope no one minds me asking for a little help with my bucket list on this forum here. In 1972 my Uncle gave me his Hi Wall Winchester that he bought new in the 1920's with original Winchester scope. That fall I got a tag for Elk and shot this Bull in pic below with it. I still remember it like yesterday. I was sitting on the side of a hill with a cigarette in my mouth when he stepped out of the trees below. I ate the cigarette
and I put two shots into him at about 100 yards , one in the heart and one pretty excited one in his spine. How fast can you reload a Hi Wall,
very fast if your excited. Anyways they were my own reloads using jacketed bullets and smokeless. Over the years I shot an antelope and a mule deer too. Fast forward, I have never shot a white tail with it, I have the black powder bug again after shooting my new antique pistol the other day. Can anyone help me out with say 30 or so cast and sized 32-40 lead bullets. Beggars can't be choosers so what ever style of bullet you come up with is wonderful. I of course will pay the price and shipping. I really would like to shoot my Whitetail with black powder and this gun. Hope you enjoyed my little story and can help me out. Thank you for the PM's so far on this on this, Cheers John
very fast if your excited. Anyways they were my own reloads using jacketed bullets and smokeless. Over the years I shot an antelope and a mule deer too. Fast forward, I have never shot a white tail with it, I have the black powder bug again after shooting my new antique pistol the other day. Can anyone help me out with say 30 or so cast and sized 32-40 lead bullets. Beggars can't be choosers so what ever style of bullet you come up with is wonderful. I of course will pay the price and shipping. I really would like to shoot my Whitetail with black powder and this gun. Hope you enjoyed my little story and can help me out. Thank you for the PM's so far on this on this, Cheers John
Last edited:




























Thanks for advice, will give an update on shooting it in a while. Cheers John
First shot out of clean barrel seems not bad or close to center of target at 50 yds, in five shots the group may end up over a foot to almost two. Now I have no crimp die that I can use and no wad. ??? So I shot some of the reloads I had from the 70's, pulled a bullet and looks like 3031 and by weight a pretty warm load. with jacketed 170 gr. 32 special type bullets. These shot at least three inch groups all the way to a 100 yds. Do I give up on shooting a whitetail with BP and cast. and just load up some good old jacketed bullets an get atter.






















