Where do you guys find pure lead? Or perhaps my question should be; How do you know you're buying pure lead before purchasing and casting it? 
I went to my local metal supplier and asked for pure lead, I bought 6lbs for $6 and took it home to the melt pot {wifie wasn't pleased when she found it was a cooking pot I thought she didn't use anymore...anyhow...} When it was melted I thought it looked a little too silver but cast all 6lbs into individual balls (1 at a time) and now I have a lot of fairly hard and lighter weight balls from the store bought Hornady. 45 caliber Hornady= 9 grams per ball; this stuff= 8 grams.
I went to my local metal supplier and asked for pure lead, I bought 6lbs for $6 and took it home to the melt pot {wifie wasn't pleased when she found it was a cooking pot I thought she didn't use anymore...anyhow...} When it was melted I thought it looked a little too silver but cast all 6lbs into individual balls (1 at a time) and now I have a lot of fairly hard and lighter weight balls from the store bought Hornady. 45 caliber Hornady= 9 grams per ball; this stuff= 8 grams.


















































