Is there something missing on the end of the cylinder pin??
The grips alone would be worth more than I can come up with.
If the engraving is well done, would that not be of interest to certain collectors?
Is it possible to identify an engraver by his styles (subtleties in stippling, angles, depth, overall design or other telltale markings?)
If it were mine id have a gunsmith do a caliber conversion on it so it could be antique in Canada.

check the cylinder no stop notchs
. lol.Haha, now how did I miss that? Well I guess I did have a few brew in me, just like at the bar get a few in a person and you might mistake the signs of an "older model" and take her home![]()
. lol.
Indeed that would be of interest. You can guess at who did it based off of style, but it would take a professional to verify and even then a lot of the time it's an educated guess. What the OP should do is tell his friend to take off the grips, or look in the crane area for a signature (basically look in the protected areas if not there, you may find something and the signature would usually be found in a protected area). The high level engravers always signed their pieces, that could bring the value up considerably should it be one of the masters. Signature + matching style could very well = large payday in this case.



























