New Buffalo Classic - sight question

czscotia

Regular
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Grand Prairie
Hi guys, Got a new H&R Buffalo Classic.
Had it out today, shot it enough to get the sights adjusted at 50 m. and I'm out of elevation!
And way off sideways with the rear sight. Other than that the gun is very nice, fit and finish is not bad at all
locks up very tight. weight is advertized at 8lbs

SDC12713.jpg


SDC12714.jpg
[/IMG]]

SDC12716.jpg
[/IMG]

Shot a box of Winchester 405 grain, and some leverevolution 325 grain (that stuff kicks!) and as you can see, My group isn't great. So since I'm quite new to ghost ring type sights and have to make or get some others with more
travel, any suggestions on what type or size apeature to use or how to best use these sights?
Thanks
 
Last edited:
You do not show the front sight. To get more elevation you either need a higher rear or a lower front sight. I use a front sight insert with the circle. I then center the bull in that circle and all centered in the rear aperture. Possibly you can buy a receiver sight with much more elevation adjustment? David
 
What is the recoil like with different loads other than the leverevolution. I read that you could but a pound of lead bird shot in the hollow under the stock butt plate to help reduce the recoil.
 
What is the recoil like with different loads other than the leverevolution. I read that you could but a pound of lead bird shot in the hollow under the stock butt plate to help reduce the recoil.
Recoil is very light with the winchester loads -405 gr going 1150 fps. Light like a 308 maybe. I bought it to try black powder to see if
i liked it enough to spend big bucks on a 11 or 12 pound rifle. So I don't know yet how the loads I will need will kick, but I was thinking I could add some weight to the butt stock
as it is drilled deep at 7/8" dia for 7" or so.
 
Back
Top Bottom