Pietta griswold .36

RoofTopHero

Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Location
Midland, Ontario
Hey there, Im in the market for my forst cap and ball.
Cabelas has the pietta griswold listed at and awesome price.
Problem is its not listed on the cabelas.ca site.

Marstar dosnt carry the one I want, and through email, I feel they
dont even know what it is I want.
I searched the net for anywhere I can get one in Canada and the site
shoptoit.ca popped up with cabelas. It showed prices for both Canada and US...

I emailed cabelas and they gave me a run around answer.

What gives here? Any one know anything that might steer me in the right direction of where
to look?

sigh.... thanks in advance
 
I called Cabelas/USA yesterday and they cannot ship cap & ball guns to Kanuckistan. Nor can they ship binoculars or rifle scopes! Beats me as to why Cabelas/Canada does not import them.
 
The USA companies, in almost every case, cannot export gun stuff because of thier Homeland Security regs prohibiting such exports - nothing to do with Cdn regs. A USA export permit apparently is available at some exorbitant cost and then they can only export to a company with the required Cdn import permit... Most USA companies refuse to buy the export permit, I understand.
 
I would love a reproduction of a Griswold & Gunnison. I love American Civil War pistols. As far as I understand they were a copy of the 1851 with a round barrel instead of a octagonal barrel as well as a brass frame.
Someone has to have reproductions???
What about importing one through Prophet River???
 
I would love a reproduction of a Griswold & Gunnison. I love American Civil War pistols. As far as I understand they were a copy of the 1851 with a round barrel instead of a octagonal barrel as well as a brass frame.
Someone has to have reproductions???
What about importing one through Prophet River???

Pietta makes one and marstar imports from pietta but marstar does not order the round barrel .36
cabelas USA carried them for a great price but they do not hve them in cabelas canada and wont import them here
 
Back
Top Bottom