replica 1860 henry

JTF#

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 99.6%
224   1   0
Location
Ontario
does anyone make a really good copy of the 1860 henry? i have seen all the winchesters but what about henrys?
 
Uberti makes a very nice one

One on the left
IMG_2462.jpg
 
Yep, the Uberti is the one to get. I have the steel frame model, and it is beautifully built and accurate. Although nobody makes one in the original .44 rimfire, you can get them in .44-40, and loaded with black powder it is a close as you're going to get to an antique. Mine is also the smoothest running of any lever action I've had, and I've had lots.
 
I think Uberti is really the only game in town when it comes to the 1860. They are THE name to go with when it comes to replica lever guns. Fast, smooth, and accurate. I have thousands of (BP)rounds through my '66, and it's running strong.
 
I have every intent to pick one up in .45 Colt down the road. My '66 in 44-40 was a real joy once the BS factory loading gate was fixed.
 
Looking at the Uberti website, they make a carbine, a rifle, and a steel framed rifle. These load exactly like an original, the barrel sleeve rotating to expose the magazine.
Also found reference to a transitional model, with a loading gate. Apparently there were henrys with loading gates produced as what became the 1866 was being developed.

Years ago, Navy Arms had a run made in .44 rimfire for the collectors' market.
 
i think th uberti has a side loading gte if so it would be more of a odd ball 1866 winchester to be a true copy it has to load like the real thing

Look at the pic of mine, loads from the top of magazine

To OP, call Shooters Choice in Waterloo. They seem to stock the most Uberti's in Canada, that's where I got my '66 from.
 
Back
Top Bottom