Can anyone show me Sales of Hopkins and Allen?

WebleyWielder

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

I would enjoy making a collection of Hopkins and Allen (.32) pre 1898 Revolvers.

I love them so much.

Please link me/Tell me of someone Or even if you sell them, Please tell me and I'll scan over..

I just love these guns!!
 
Does it matter so much? Some folks collect Hudson hub-caps, others collect Dairy Queen spoons - at least it's a gun collection that the OP is talking about, and not stuff like eyebrows or lighthouses.

I'm hoping that Joel Black or Grant Rombaugh might be looking in on this thread - if anyone can point the OP in the right direction, it's prolly them.

tac
 
Hopkins & Allen is historically an interesting company, intrinsic to the arms industry in Norwich and in Connecticut generally; and there are articles and books on H&A out there. The owners/founders/affiliates of H&A had ties to a number of other companies (firearms and non-firearms companies). I completely understand collecting H&A. Can't point you to a single source dedicated to H&A firearms although it would not surprise me if there is.
 
I collect eyebrows...and the left side of moustaches...does that make me odd? That Stalin fellow is still on display in Russia isn't he? He had an impressive "stash" did he not? I see a trip in my future.:rolleyes:

Sorry OP, clearly I'm of absolutely no help to you what so ever.:redface:
 
I collect eyebrows...and the left side of moustaches...does that make me odd? That Stalin fellow is still on display in Russia isn't he? He had an impressive "stash" did he not? I see a trip in my future.:rolleyes:

Sorry OP, clearly I'm of absolutely no help to you what so ever.:redface:

The [very] late Mr Stalin is no longer on display, due to a gathering amount of evidence that far from being the benevolent 'Uncle Joe, belovéd of the masses, he was in a fact a genocidal murderer of whole populations of the former Soviet Union, and that in the end, they actually noticed.

Still, I'll be on the out-lool for anything I can find for our OP. Sure, H & A were at the ahem, lower end of the gunmaking brotherhood, but their popularity among the lower-paid population for whom they represented a safe way of protecting their lives cannot be overlooked. I have two of their earlier pieces in .22Short and .32, and while they are not of the quality of Colt or other makes like Merwin & Hulbert and so on, they are a whole lot nicer than most of the c%ap that came out of Europe at the same time. I'd love to think that I still have over 90% of MY original finish left after a 120 years....

Best to all for 2013

tac, mrs tac & the family ig
 
The [very] late Mr Stalin is no longer on display, due to a gathering amount of evidence that far from being the benevolent 'Uncle Joe, belovéd of the masses, he was in a fact a genocidal murderer of whole populations of the former Soviet Union, and that in the end, they actually noticed.

Still, I'll be on the out-lool for anything I can find for our OP. Sure, H & A were at the ahem, lower end of the gunmaking brotherhood, but their popularity among the lower-paid population for whom they represented a safe way of protecting their lives cannot be overlooked. I have two of their earlier pieces in .22Short and .32, and while they are not of the quality of Colt or other makes like Merwin & Hulbert and so on, they are a whole lot nicer than most of the c%ap that came out of Europe at the same time. I'd love to think that I still have over 90% of MY original finish left after a 120 years....

Best to all for 2013

tac, mrs tac & the family ig

All the Merwin Hulbert guns were built by Hopkins and Allen, so they did know how to build stuff. I think they just built what the market wanted. Mostly well built smaller guns. If one collected anything with the "Allen" family name attached, it's nearly endless.
I have a couple large H&A revolvers, I'll try to post a pic on a separate thread. The bigger ones are very well built. I have a couple leads on nicer .32 rf guns, I will PM.
 
Back
Top Bottom