Hello nutz
I recently recieved this Winchester model 1886 in 45/70 from my uncle, that has been passed down through the family. My great uncle bought itand I hear I am the 5th owner. It has the octagon barrel, like I sad model 1886. Looked up the serial number and its an 1894. Pretty cool piece of history and I thought i would share it with everyoen here. It is my second antique firearm, the first one i got is a 12 guage by New York Gun Co. that was my great grandfathers. It is not a shooter but still really neat to have.
anyone willing to place a guess as to how much each of these old timers would be worth? They wont be for sale, more so for sheer curiosity.
I recently recieved this Winchester model 1886 in 45/70 from my uncle, that has been passed down through the family. My great uncle bought itand I hear I am the 5th owner. It has the octagon barrel, like I sad model 1886. Looked up the serial number and its an 1894. Pretty cool piece of history and I thought i would share it with everyoen here. It is my second antique firearm, the first one i got is a 12 guage by New York Gun Co. that was my great grandfathers. It is not a shooter but still really neat to have.
anyone willing to place a guess as to how much each of these old timers would be worth? They wont be for sale, more so for sheer curiosity.
Last edited:


















































