Two Guns I inherited looking for information

CapCanuck

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Langley, BC
My Grandfather passed away, and in his will he left me two what appear to be old guns, a double barrel shotgun, and .22lr. I don't no much when it comes to info on old firearms, but from what I have found it seems the shotgun belonged to my Great Great Grandfather, not to sure about the .22. I would like to know more information about the guns if anyone has any like when they were made (to see if that corresponds to Great Great Grandfather), what they were used for, and what they are worth.

I will try to provide as much information, as I can I am crappy at taking pictures but I tried to get all the details I could. They are both beat up that's for sure, but still nice guns.

Ithaca Hammerless:

Side by Side Overhead

Taken Apart

Numbers found inside forestock:

Wood Engraved 178759 F
Metal Engraved 178759 F

Numbers found on underside of barrels:

Metal Engraved 178759

There is also a letter P where the forestock sits.

Numbers Found on inside of hinge:

Metal Engraved 178759 PATD on the right side.
S 12 on the left side.

In the groove of the hinge there is also a small 759

Stock:

Image of the stock.

Browning .22:

Overhead

Number found underneath action:

Metal Engraved 9937

Numbers, and Symbols found on Barrel/Action/Bolt:

It reads from left to right first the caliber .22.L then what appears to be a lion with the letters PV underneath. Then a crown with the letter R underneath, followed by a star with a E underneath, then what appears to be an arrow. Then under that there is another crown with the letters ELG circled below it.

HERE is this best image I could get of it.


Words found on the top of the barrel:

It reads in two lines line one being "Fabrique nationale darmes de guerre herstal belgique" the second line being "Browning's patent depose"

Here is the best picture I could get of the words.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
 
Would need a 40 inch screen to veiw the picture properly. The 22 is a semi auto is it not. It is 1100 guns newer then mine is. I still shoot mine.Is the loading port in the stock on top or on the side.
 
I recommend you to check out gunsinternational.com and look at the guns listed there, also gunbroker.com. Ithaca $500 to $1,300, the Browning between $400 to $1,200 but hard to say without seeing them in person - honestly I have no clue about those guns, just did a google and condition is everything.

example Ithaca:

gunsinternational.com/Ithaca-Flues-SxS-20-Ga-.cfm?gun_id=100305132

example Browning:

gunsinternational.com/BROWNING-TROMBONE.cfm?gun_id=100310814
 
Last edited:
Looks like a Ithaca Flues side by side and a Browning trombone.$225.00 for the side x side and $350.00 + for the .22.If the shotgun belonged to your great great granddad he bought it late in life or you are fairly young.Probably 1908( first year of production )for the shot gun and 1920's to early 30' for the .22.
 
You guys actually could make out what kind of gun it was in those pictures. I had to guess from his discription as the picture comes out black on the laptop.
 
Looks like a Ithaca Flues side by side and a Browning trombone.$225.00 for the side x side and $350.00 + for the .22.If the shotgun belonged to your great great granddad he bought it late in life or you are fairly young.Probably 1908( first year of production )for the shot gun and 1920's to early 30' for the .22.

I am 20, so yeah that does put it in the right range. Thanks for the information.

Not sure if I am gonna just sell them or hold onto them they are really beat up, so I can't see them being worth much.
 
The guns are now listed under the antique section with a picture you can see. No asking price is listed (unless just added) which is against forum rules. But yes, the Flues is a $250.00 gun at best from the pic on the EE.
 
Back
Top Bottom