Not to long ago I was given an old double barrel 12guage s/s. old hammer gun. it has "SAXTON" written on left hammer assembly plate,
-Checkered butt plate
-Checkered grip on stock
- Checkered forestock
-Gravity firing pin (no recoil spring on firing pins)
-all numbers matching #2
- E
L G under left barrel, also 17.4 under left barrel, 18.2 under right barrel
*
- Top strap connecting Barrels sais " LAMINATED STEEL"
- 30.5 inch barrels
It needs a couple of screws to keep the hammer assemblys together but either than that wood and steel are in good operating condition
I know its British but not much else,
* Can I fire regular 2 3/4 steel shot through this or is this a bad idea all together, If not it may end up being just a wall hanger.
Appreciate any knowledgeable advice.
-Checkered butt plate
-Checkered grip on stock
- Checkered forestock
-Gravity firing pin (no recoil spring on firing pins)
-all numbers matching #2
- E
L G under left barrel, also 17.4 under left barrel, 18.2 under right barrel
*
- Top strap connecting Barrels sais " LAMINATED STEEL"
- 30.5 inch barrels
It needs a couple of screws to keep the hammer assemblys together but either than that wood and steel are in good operating condition
I know its British but not much else,
* Can I fire regular 2 3/4 steel shot through this or is this a bad idea all together, If not it may end up being just a wall hanger.
Appreciate any knowledgeable advice.


















































